mcdoolie

No Speeky Engleesh
Apr 9, 2013
Houston
This is my 99 chevy 2500 cc with 7.4 454/4l80e combo with a fresh 50k mile rebuild on motor and trans.

Many people asked me why build a 3/4 ton and I simply reply "why not".

Plans:
Full interior redo
All body work and repaint
Either dropped more or bagged undecided
Rhino line the bed since I'll still use it as a truck.
Stuff done so far.

Full audio system
Kicker 6.5 and 4x6 speakers in
Power acoustik head unit installed
Kicker 12 inch sub installed
Replacement grille done
New headlights corner lights park lights third brake light and tail lights done.
Wheels and tires done
Triple train horns done

Bought it 2 year's ago for a really good deal.
ytavuhat.jpg
day brought it home

umusyned.jpg

Drove it stock for the first year or so

e7adadug.jpg

yja6yhu5.jpg
took off the trim rings and plastidipped the wheels and de molded it a few months later.

Then I got really heavy into the modding

ahugeseg.jpg
lowered it 2 inches in the rear and scored the wheels from a friend of mine for $300.

2ymanutu.jpg

Then changed the whole front end.

upyre7e7.jpg
scored this valance for $100 brand new with h.i.d fog lights. A guy makes them on fb.

Now the truck needs a new interior since the leather is cracked and dried up I'm thinking I'll have gray final replace the gray leather. And have black carpet put in.

Body wise it needs a moderate amount of body work since it used to be a work truck.

I know the mod list is out of order but that's all I could remember.

Last edited:

mcdoolie

No Speeky Engleesh
Apr 9, 2013
Houston
me8e2uvu.jpg

qemamy3e.jpg

I seen on fb where a guy retrofitted lights into the top reflectors and I've been considering doing that to mine. The build process for this struck is gonna be slow and steady since the major mods I have to save up for. I'll definitely need you guy's thoughts and input since this is my first major project/build.

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
I'd drive a crew cab in that year model :shake: Not really a fan of the black grille and lights, etc. Would much rather clear if it were mine.

mcdoolie

No Speeky Engleesh
Apr 9, 2013
Houston
Thanks for the constructive criticism. But everyone does clear does clear lights. I want to be different. Also the grille is paintable and will be painted to match the truck.

mcdoolie

No Speeky Engleesh
Apr 9, 2013
Houston
I agree with the bed. It's been difficult trying to find a decent one that's not all beat up. I pulled the bed liner out and it has a bead of some sort of glue running from the front to the rear on both sides. So maybe thinking of going to certifit and getting replacement panels if possible. Keep the ideas coming though I'd like to know what yall would do differently.

mcdoolie

No Speeky Engleesh
Apr 9, 2013
Houston
dabe2uzu.jpg

Ok so this is the bead I was talking about should I just replace the bed or can I remove this bead weld. I need to replace both bedsides.

mcdoolie

No Speeky Engleesh
Apr 9, 2013
Houston
thats not a weld, its a plastic rubber silcone type shit.

in all honesty, get a complete bed, you are gonna spend a lot more on bedsides and labor then you will on getting a whole bed. hell i can get a obs short bed for 175 bucks

Ok. Is the bed on the 1500's and 2500's the same length and width? I would imagine so. My coworker has a 1500 and his looks smaller

mcdoolie

No Speeky Engleesh
Apr 9, 2013
Houston
yes same exact bed

on the OBS they only made 6.5 ft beds and 8 ft beds and they didnt change between the models besides if you had a dually then the cut the wheel well openings larger

Thanks for the info I'm gonna hit the the junk yards to find a decent bed to replace this beat up one.

mcdoolie

No Speeky Engleesh
Apr 9, 2013
Houston
I need help. All the body shops I go to keep quoting me 5000+ for body work and paint. Only one shop quoted me 1700 Idk what to do.