BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
65610-contents.jpg

Chrome SplineDrive 6 Lug Wheel Installation Kit (M14 x 1.5 Thread Size); Set of 20 Lug Nuts, 1 Installation Tool, 4 Wheel Locks, 1 key, Key Storage Pouch & 4 Valve Stems

Anyone have these? I need some new lugs now I have the GMC wheels and have been looking at these. I have a full set of open end lugs and four locks but they look like pewp with these wheels. Where I live wheel theft isn't a problem but once we move it might be. I know you can buy the spline socket but figure it might take them longer to get the wheels off if I had these. Just wanted opinions on if I should get these or just standard lugs and locks.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
I have some, but made by GORILLA. I ordered them from Summit racing for about half the cost of the McGard ones. They are on the wife's Altima and they have been on there for over 4 years now. I never had any problems with them other than a guy at the tire shop destroying one with an impact wrench after I specifically asked him to use the breaker bar in the trunk of the car. After that, NOBODY touches those wheels but me. When I get new tires I take them off and bring the 4 wheels in my truck to go get tires mounted then come back home and install the wheels myself.

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
About a year ago :lol:

Probably once we are finished with the move and all is when I'll do it. Too much shit going on right now.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
As long as you don't use an impact wrench on them, the Gorilla spline drive lugs are fine.
Took me about 6 hours and about 4-5 drill bits to get the rest of the lug and stud off without destroying the wheel. Here is what it looked like. I forgot I took a picture of it. They sheared the top half of the lug off but the seat was still threaded on. That shit was a PITA to get that seat off the stud without fucking up the wheel.

DSC01853.jpg

Last edited:

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
lift it on 30's and fit in, when your cruise though ATL

:whoapanda: Whoa, whoa, whoa, lets not get crazy here.

As long as you don't use an impact wrench on them, the Gorilla spline drive lugs are fine.
Took me about 6 hours and about 4-5 drill bits to get the rest of the lug and stud off without destroying the wheel. Here is what it looked like. I forgot I took a picture of it. They sheared the top half of the lug off but the seat was still threaded on. That shit was a PITA to get that seat off the stud without fucking up the wheel.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w233/cutdog504/DSC01853.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn, that sucks. Did they atleast pay for any of the damage? Yeah no impact will be used that's for sure.