Marc new LBZ sort of a Build thread

I averaged about 15.5 on the 16s and smaller bfg at's doing mostly city driving. Now I avg about 13.5 on the 20s and falken at's doing pretty much the same driving.

LOL Marc I spent a tank in my max effort tune and I got like 12 mpg

Sent from your girls iPhone.

but did you really burn all that or did 90% of that just come out as black smoke #causefreighttrain ?

Max effort it doesn't smoke unless from dead stop, also like at 10 psi as soon as j hit accel lol, none smoke except my 4th, unless from dead stop, then they all will.

Sent from your girls iPhone.

yeah its probably better then your scoobaru lol.

if it had worse mileage id be more motivated to sell it, but there is really nothing that is worth replacing it with truck wise.

only other thing id want instead of this is a crew cab hilux diesel truck with low miles but those are like 15-20k so that makes it not worth it too me.
Damn near the same, and you have 2500+ lbs on my car lol.

Better than my 2wd rcsb too.

Damn near the same, and you have 2500+ lbs on my car lol.

Better than my 2wd rcsb too.

look at it this way:

2002 wrx 3000lbs 227hp 217tq 20mpg average

2006 LBZ 7100lbs 400hp 800tq 20mpg avarage

it seems like it shouldn't make sense

(i figured the specs i checked were flywheel HP)

Yeah it shouldn't make sense like that, but it does lol. I just miss having a truck that I can drive year round and not worry as much about like my reg cab.

Last edited:
Want to really screw it up, Jeep Wrangler 3900 pounds, 190 hp at the crank, 6 speed manual average is 13.5-14 best ever was 17.4 but that was 60 mph for entire tank no top, doors , carpet or backseat so another 140 pounds less

and this is why i did research before buying what i bought. it was either this or a 1998 12 valve. but i wanted comfort and nice looking and a 2nd gen dodge is the opposite of that.

huge update.....did some maintenance took a oil sample to get tested at 6,000 miles on the oil change, seeing if i can get away with putting that amount of k on a oil change.

wix oil filter
Cat fuel filter
and Allison tranny filter

oh actually did the body work on the dent in the box my self going to see painter for price and appointment tomorrow.

:notbad:

Well I said fuck it getting someone to paint it for me so I'm doing the paint work my self as I am very patient
64eec877979c70691cf0612e14c3da2f.jpg

So far that is 3 coats of paint now to wet sand and then paint one more wet layer and then clear coat time . The paint I used is dupli colour paint match from Canadian tire and it is actually very close to matching with the the paint on the truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what I used on my bumper plastics almost a decade ago and they still look good. I'll probably paint my mirror caps this weekend also.

Because the mods I've done before most were able to drive y'all are just doing now?

I'm not old, you guys are just young AF. :read:

That's what I used on my bumper plastics almost a decade ago and they still look good. I'll probably paint my mirror caps this weekend also.

That's good news ....everything is turning out super nice ...just the bumper cap has some imperfections that need some sanding since it's such a big area
fa595a8593463f40f0840dc9e79f92f5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking good, prep work is everything with painting. Take your time and don't rush it and it will turn out nice.

I still need to find time to do my rear plastics since everything else is CM'd now. You doing your rear plastics marc?