Making an LBZ Look Halfway Decent on a Teenager's Budget

Contemplating lifting the truck on 22x12s. Only way I could make it happen is if I bought everything used. Plans now are still to lower it though :cheeky: input?

Sent from my Refrigerator

Would look good lifted or lowered. Low with some performance in that thing would be fun though and get better mpg than lifted probably

Would look good lifted or lowered. Low with some performance in that thing would be fun though and get better mpg than lifted probably

Performance? :nono: I'm already at my tranny's limits and dnw to pay $5k+ for built one

Lowered or :gtfo: imo

Yeah...fuck lifting it unless its SAS and linked. Idk what I was thinking :lol:

We're in the process of moving houses so everything's on hold pretty much. Good news is that we're building a 24x36 shop in the backyard of the new house :success: so pretty much till then ill be saving my money for new smaller tires and moar drop. Will paint all plastics once we are in the shop.

$5k? Quit being so damn lazy and build your own trans then. That's what I did.

:P look out 12's :D

I've definitely thought about it, but right now I just don't have the time, or even the money for the parts really.

Well, my life has been super insanely busy lately. We had sold our house, and agreed to be out on the 12th, and had planned to move into another house. Turns out the house we had planned on moving into has a massive lien against it, and was a no go. We found another house but couldn't close on it until the 22nd. What that meant is for those 10 days we would be homeless essentially. My family has been living in an RV at a nearby lake, and I have been living at a buddies house.

I found a small 20x30 shop in town, and myself and Ryan are splitting the rent and sharing it, so I have a place to wrench on all my shit. Will get some pics of it soon. Got all my tools moved out there except a few things. Will get some pics of it soon.

O and school starts on the 24th too add to all this.

Plan is to still go lower on my truck when these tires wear out. Gonna have to fab a new tranny crossmember and make my own c notch. Nbd but its a while away. Also need to colormatch all my plastics.

Bout time you updated neer, sucks about the house grats on a shop tho

Thanks! O almost forgot. I replaced inner and outer tie rods and put rough country sleeves on them. SLEEVES WILL NOT FIT OVER MOOG, VALUECRAFT, OR MASTERPRO tie rods. They did fit over duralast tie rods tho. Holy fawk I've launched it in 4wd a couple times and this thing is a fuckin missile.

I need new shocks, and would not like to spend over $30 per shock. What's my best bet? Need help here.

ummm. best bet is to save up for some bilsteins.

how much drop you planning on doing? and I have some bilstein 5100s for the front when I was dropped
Sent from Ipotatoe 5

Last edited:
ummm. best bet is to save up for some bilsteins.

how much drop you planning on doing? and I have some bilstein 5100s for the front when I was dropped
Sent from Ipotatoe 5

When I drop it more, it'll be with keys and spindles, I'd still like to buy all your drop parts. Just give me a little more time :rofl:

I know. I was just asking how low. I did a flip in the rear and needed notch. but if u we're only going 3-4 in rear then wouldn't need notch. and screw the trans xmember. I just would drag mine everywhere. started to be low profile :lol:

Sent from Ipotatoe 5