1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
Well there's a long story of how I ended up with this truck and what I've had before this. Ill make it really simple and quick. I bought the truck on top when I was 13, and over the course of three years built the truck on the bottom. LS swap, lots of handling goodies, tons of sheet metal/bodywork, yada yada yada.
2aderuta.jpg

Well in a freak accident, I ended up totaling it 6 months after finishing it. It placed at every show it entered, I had so much more than money and time in it. I built it alongside my father and learned so much from it.
emapuva6.jpg

Well, I'm lucky to still be here. I blessed to have my parents literally give me this truck. Call me spoiled or whatever because I know I don't deserve it. It's an 06 LBZ CCSB 4wd with 240k on the clock, charcoal grey clothe with the center console, Bose audio, NNBS shifter, and push button transfer case shifter. Don't have many pictures but will get some more soon.
nuzu5umu.jpg

uqebazu9.jpg

Plan is, on my minimum wage 16 year old's budget, and skillful and sometimes immoral "bartering" of parts I've accumulated(LOL) is to make this truck comfortable, reliable, usable, and most of all CLEAN truck.

Doing all of the free things I can a the moment to make this truck look better. Deleted the antenna, clearing the lights right now, demolding, fixing bumper sag, buffing/polishing it, etc. Ordered tint in 15% front roll ups, 10% rear roll ups, and 5% rear glass. Will be here tomorrow. Got a set of 1500 keys to level it. Want to do a set of LML 20s with adapters eventually because I can't be seen on hubcaps right? Eventually I will smooth and paint all the plastics. Spray in a bedliner, probably raptor liner I like it a lot. Need bed rail caps as they are beat to shit. I wanna try cleaning the frame as much as I can, and paint as much of it as I can with some POR-15.

Probably a second hand cheap supershits programmer mostly for the economy tune. No big plans for go fast parts as I don't and won't have the cash to build another transmission.

For audio ill probably be running a second hand RE sxx 10 v1 in a ported box ill make, whether it'll be under the seat, in the floor, or in the seat I'm undecided on. I have a set of alpine type s coaxial door speaker I might put in, but the stock Bose ones sound pretty clean and clear.

What can go wrong, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike.

Jan 29, 2011
North Mississippi
Hate to see the C10 in that condition. Could use that grill and door tho. The LML 20's would look great on there. And a set of esky handles. How are you liking the diesel?

Sent from my b hole

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
is it NNBS shifter or just the shifter with 6speed on it becasue lbz ? anyhow nice truck man plans sound good

nickyreno

Oct 7, 2013
Lake Tahoe, NV
Plans sound great. LML 20's will be clean and you should be able to find some for cheap. I'd hold off on the bedrail caps and just hit those when you do the bedliner. I'd ditch the running boards too.

Maybe do a PCV re-route and EGR block, that can be done for almost nothing. As well as a 4lo/6hi mod if you have fogs (can't see in the pic). Also maybe paint the rear fender wheel wells black if they aren't already, that makes the world of difference.

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
Hate to see the C10 in that condition. Could use that grill and door tho. The LML 20's would look great on there. And a set of esky handles. How are you liking the diesel?

Sent from my b hole

It hit the telephone pole so hard it shattered the brittle oem grille. we plan on buying the truck from the insurance company and building mu dads 65 stepside.

I planned on painting the handles when i do all the plastics. Esky handles look amazing and id rather have them but theyre expensive as hell compared to painting them.

I'm a gasser guy by heart, always will be. I like the power, sound, and how easy it is to make big power. I fucking hate how complicated it is compared to gassers. I hate paying for the diesel. I hate how expensive everything for a diesel is. That being said, I like it, it's something different from what I'm used to. Something new to learn about.

is it NNBS shifter or just the shifter with 6speed on it becasue lbz ? anyhow nice truck man plans sound good

I guess it's the stock 6 spd shifter, it looks like a shifter out of a nnbs truck.

Last edited:

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
sucks to see that truck gone to shit regardless of what happened. thats one reason i hardly touch my dads camaro he has had since he was 22, scared id fuck it up being too excited driving it.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
I would colormatch bumper cap, mirror caps and chrome on grille, esky handles, remove all badges except for maybe the duramax badge, billet bowtie, remove steps, egr, exhaust, clear lights, level, chrome 20x10s with some tires and call it done exterior wise

Nice truck, looking forward to seeing where it goes!

CammedVmax

Still stuck
Jun 5, 2013
Longview, TX
I would colormatch bumper cap, mirror caps and chrome on grille, esky handles, remove all badges except for maybe the duramax badge, billet bowtie, remove steps, egr, exhaust, clear lights, level, chrome 20x10s with some tires and call it done exterior wise

Nice truck, looking forward to seeing where it goes!

This. Except leave grille chrome lol and add billet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapashit

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
I don't have enough money for 20x10s and the tires, or esky handles unless I find em used. The LML 20s are cheap and come with tires on Craigslist. I'm not color matching the chrome grille lol. Basically I want all plastics color matched, and stock chrome there. With a billet grille insert eventually.

Cleared the headlights
bu6uquva.jpg

GreyGhostz71

Jimmy Skrait Perrps
Mar 27, 2012
Looks good man. Ryan texted me a pic of the c10 when it happend. Sorry to hear about that.

Sent from Tapashit

Hunter

Jan 14, 2013
Brownwood TX
Looking good man, glad to see some younger ones out there with some since in what to do with their trucks.
Those are pretty much all the mods minus some under the hood and interior stuff i wanna do when i get mine.

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
Y'all have any other ideas for wheels and tires in the ~$1200 range? I really like the lml 20s but just considering my options.

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
without going used you wont find much if any for $1200 for wheels and tires, I vote get some LML take offs and just save up for some nice tires, either an aggressive all terrain or a mud terrain of some kind will look a ton better than the factory take off tires.

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
Ok as i always do, the itch to go fast always gets to me. The Allison is VERY expensive to work with. Even if I rebuilt it myself it'd be somewhere close to $3k In parts. I don't wanna go balls to the walls, but I do want it to be quicker. With 240k on the clock, I'm scared that even a small 85-100 horse tune will be enough to eat it up. Any upgrades i can do to the trans to hold more power for less than a full rebuild? What is the first thing to go on the 6 speed? Weak points?

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
A shift kit for a 4l80e won't do me much good in an Allison 1000 lol. Or am I missin something?