1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
Hell yes! I'm gonna look into converting my front hubs to 8x180, so I don't have to run adapters in the front. I hate it when the wheel sticks out past the fender on a lowered truck. And itll eliminate as much stress as i can, and help if theres any rubbing. The rear should still tuck with the spacers. Here's the idea it think, but on LML 20s.
meqe9u8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
What parts are you thinking about dropping with? Imo run a flip kit in the rear with spindles and keys for 3/6 or run lift shackles with a flip for 5"..I say go with a flip kit so if you decide to go 6" or 7" in the future all you would have to do is go to stock shackles for 6" or drop shackles for 7-8"

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
I was going to do keys, shackles and hangers. If I went spindles and keys, I'd be at like 4-5" of drop, idk how much stress I wanna put on the front axles and hubs by going that low, plus the spindles and expensive. I do like the idea of a flip kit in the rear instead of hangers. I knew the hangers would be a PITA to do. I just don't know the limits of the front end. I probably will do a flip kit/lift shackle, and Keys at first. Then if the money is right go back to stock shackles or drop shackles and put spindles on the front. I'm trying to do all of this as cheap as possible.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
I was going to do keys, shackles and hangers. If I went spindles and keys, I'd be at like 4-5" of drop, idk how much stress I wanna put on the front axles and hubs by going that low, plus the spindles and expensive. I do like the idea of a flip kit in the rear instead of hangers. I knew the hangers would be a PITA to do. I just don't know the limits of the front end. I probably will do a flip kit/lift shackle, and Keys at first. Then if the money is right go back to stock shackles or drop shackles and put spindles on the front. I'm trying to do all of this as cheap as possible.

Gotcha, wasnt sure how much drop 2500 drop keys gave..ive been 5" on mine and the cv's were ok didn't have any problems until I went lower, on your front end everything is more heavy duty so I think you would be good all the way to 5"+ if you decided to in the future

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
besides the stack id say i am all for it man !!! i am still thinking about just taking out my overload leaf and running a 305/50/20 on a 20x10

welsh907

Rehabilitated Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
Flip kit in the rear

Spindles in the front to start with.

That way you can decrank a little, sit 3/6 and then if you want, you can add drop keys for 4/6

My friend has a 2006 duramax rclb 4x4 dropped 4/6 on 18's and he has had no problems, he rally's that truck and works it hard, drives it in 4x4 all winter long.

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
Looks tits. Can't wait to do mine. Gotta come up with $1k somehow, buy LML 20s, sell stocks for $500ish and buy lowering stuff with that. That's the plan. Will be slow, I'm a minimum wage baller.

Cornell

Pepper your Angus
Jan 25, 2011
3/5 on lml 20s and nt420s ftw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapashit

Say no to NT420s... those tires won't last 15k miles... I had a set on my LB7. Truck is too heavy for them.

Looks tits. Can't wait to do mine. Gotta come up with $1k somehow, buy LML 20s, sell stocks for $500ish and buy lowering stuff with that. That's the plan. Will be slow, I'm a minimum wage baller.

I have another set of LML 20s.... where you located?

Also you don't need to swap the front over to 8x180... If you ran 1.5" spacers with LML 20's they would sit perfect... the 2011+ truck have a wider track width so the LML wheels have a +44 OS. With 1.5" spacers they will sit inside the fenders on an LBZ.

Even with my 2" spacers the front sits flush with the fenders.

I don't have a straight on shot so this will have to do:

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
I'm in east Texas, and I see snow in that pic, so I doubt you are anywhere close.

And I never want NT420s, want to stay with a good tire that will last a while and be load rated. Not trying to make this truck fast in any way so a soft tire is useless.

And that never crossed my mind about the offset. But if I can still change the hub over to 8x180 for cheaper than the cost of spacers, I'm gonna do that. All up in the air though, as of now I have very little monies.

Last edited: