Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
im going to recommend putting the bedside on first, then painting.

:imo: and doing an entire bedside I'd recommend blending paint on tailgate, back of cab, behind door on cab and rear door also. At that point you're painting 1/4-1/3 of the truck I'd just fix all the dents and dings and have the whole thing sprayed.

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
im going to recommend putting the bedside on first, then painting.

:imo: and doing an entire bedside I'd recommend blending paint on tailgate, back of cab, behind door on cab and rear door also. At that point you're painting 1/4-1/3 of the truck I'd just fix all the dents and dings and have the whole thing sprayed.

I agree 100%, but I wanted it done as cheap as possible, and because I only had the bedside painted, there was no masking involved for my painter. I only paid $200 to have it body worked and painted. I've got it back now and it looks great.

It will be tricky to get the bedside on without messing it up, but it's doable. I'm not worried about the paint matching. The entire front boot of the truck has been repainted and doesn't match. They blended from the middle of the doors forward, and it's close but in the right light it doesn't match.

Plus my dad uses this truck a little differently then I did. He's rough on it, lots of shit always being hauled around, always being driven off-road, etc. so this newly painted bedside is only going to eventually be trashed also.

If I knew I would've kept the truck, I would've painted the entire bed, and blended all the way through the middle of the rear doors. I just couldn't justify it if I wasn't going to keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connor

Mar 28, 2015
What are you, 17? I'm 17 and you're an inspiration. Nice to know that there are other kids out there with taste and skills. Dying breed.

Alecks

Jul 9, 2012
Taste? Pft have you seen his new beater? :cheeky:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk