Major brake issues

Would cause a brake pedal to get stiff from time to time (like it has a brick behind it), no abs, and abs/brake light to come on all the time on my 05 silverado? I pulled the ABS fuse and the pedal doesn't stiffen up anymore. I have a feeling it is the ABS controller fucking up, but want your opinions/experience before I go blow a huge wad of cash on something that isn't fucking broken.

When was the last time u topped off the brake fluid? Sounds like u may have steering fluid in there. It causes rubber to swell causing sticky brakes.

I was gonna lean towards a master failure. PRobably not the booster, when they fail its more of a lack of pressure issue.

Without knowing more its hard to say. what usually pisses off in the ABS is the Module ontop of the pump, but usually it will cause ABS pump to run constitently....so its probably not that either.

I bet is still master cylinder

When was the last time u topped off the brake fluid? Sounds like u may have steering fluid in there. It causes rubber to swell causing sticky brakes.

I only run DOT brake fluid. no addatives and nothing else but. and to big boi why should i pay some monkey 75 bucks an hour to grease up my seats and clip and say he "fixed the problem" only to have it happen again right after ai pay and leave, when I can do all of the work myself for free and know it gets done properly?

I was gonna lean towards a master failure. PRobably not the booster, when they fail its more of a lack of pressure issue.

Without knowing more its hard to say. what usually pisses off in the ABS is the Module ontop of the pump, but usually it will cause ABS pump to run constitently....so its probably not that either.

I bet is still master cylinder

would I know for sure tghe ABS pump is runnign? would it be just like stomping on the brakes and ABS coming on causing the vibrating pedal or would it just lock the pedal?

why should i pay some monkey 75 bucks an hour to grease up my seats and clip and say he "fixed the problem" only to have it happen again right after ai pay and leave, when I can do all of the work myself for free and know it gets done properly?
What the fuck are you even rambling about? And it appears that you have no clue what you're doing, so for safety's sake, take it somewhere. Not sure what kind of backdoor operations are being run up there, but mechanics can generally find a problem and fix it. That's their job (except Distinct Fabrications).

Or kill somebody when your brakes fail, whatever.

you're going to sit here ant tell me I don't know what I am doing? Ive been rebuilding engines since I was 12 years old. I am working on getting my certiications. I just don't know what would casue a pedal to og stiff involving ABS, so I asked here. lets not turn this thread into a shitstorm of fgtry please.

Last edited:
Take all of the lines off of the abs block, let the fluid run out. Do the same thing to the master. Then replace the lines and bleed the brakes. You're good to go.