Magnaflow or borla? Cammed 5.3 with long tubes

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
As most of you guys know I finished up my cam and head swap and the truck is road worthy one again.

But this 12" bullet I have is a no can do after the cam. Way too loud. Way too raspy.

I'm looking into new mufflers, XR-1 is pretty popular on similar set ups. ROund or oval?
Magnaflow is also an option, corsa is too expensive.

A little help?

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Do you still want decently loud or do you want fairly mellow? Every setup is different obviously so it's hard to say for sure, but in general, Borla is decently loud throughout the rev range, maggies are usually quieter till you stomp on it. I know alot of guys on here run 18 or 22" maggies and like them. Me personally, Borla's are pure sex so I'd go with that and maybe a bullet in front of it if it's too loud

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
I still want it to have some sound to it, jut not the top fuel, driving to the trailer park to fuck your sister, JSP kind of sound that it has now after the cam. LOL

I'm heavily weighting on the xr1. I just don't know if round or oval

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Lol I hear ya, the round will be a tad louder/raspier. I just put a system on the mustang that most people compare to Borla Stingers (round case xr1 basically). 9" long by 4.5" round and it's deep but at the same time raspy up high and it's definitely loud. But like badass muscle car, respect the power kinda loud, not JSP fuck your sister loud :rofl:

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Aero if good for the price but would be loud with cams headers and no cats It's nice for stock replacement exhaust

Sent from my potato

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
I ordered the borla. I hope it's not too loud.
This cam made my truck much louder. It was good with my bullet and LT's, but now it's JSP fuck your sister loud. Dnw