Dirtmafia

Hella
Jan 24, 2011
California
I work for an off road suspension manufacturer as many of you know. We specialize in Jeep JK's and Dodge HD suspension products. We're finally jumping on the LSX bandwagon and stuffing one in our 2-door. Many have done it before us, but this will be a learning experience.

This 07' 2- Door Jeep has survived KOH, events, trade shows, and the wrath of drivers with very little skinny pedal judgement for years....sticking something in it with almost double the power should go over extremely well. :thumbsup:

We're trying to support the people that support us and this industry, I hope to bring some exposure to the good guys at Brian Tooley Racing, Tilden Motorsports, & beyond.

We are starting with an LQ4 out of an 05 Denali, 4L80E, and a big ole' box of parts from BTR (including a Stg 2 Truck Cam, LS6 springs, BTR pushrods, install kits, balancer bolt, head gaskets, etc...)

It was smooth sailing until this morning....We knew one of the heads had issues, but we believed it to be an exhaust manifold bolt that was incorrectly drilled out. Turns out the exhaust manifold was holding the head together :crazy:

Our original thought of "~400hp and keep it mild" now seems to be going out the window...we are looking at heads and a bigger cam.

To be continued...

Dirtmafia

Hella
Jan 24, 2011
California

317's are on there. But we are looking at the Stg 2.5 TSP 5.3 heads right now.

I think we'll end up doing those, We have to be a little careful and make sure we can run 87oct if needed. You never know about gas in some of these wheeling spots out in the middle of nowhere.

We have some Mamo Motorsports heads here, but they're pretty worked over and would push us near 11:1 CR

Dirtmafia

Hella
Jan 24, 2011
California
Damn clicked on this thinking it was further along...

Might want to get comfy and grab popcorn, the engine is the easiest part of this build. You're welcome to pick up a JK and an LS based engine to try and beat us :crazy:

It's a side project for the company, we did the same trailing arm coilover build for Fred Williams as a priority and it took 3 weeks which was amazing. That includes shortening a 4 door JK frame and fitting a custom tub on it to look like a Willy's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKtfjPoCgL4

In other news. Gear Star is going balls out on a 4L80E Caitlyn Jenner for us. It's not cheap, but neither is doing any of this twice...

slonlow2000

May 13, 2015
Might want to get comfy and grab popcorn, the engine is the easiest part of this build. You're welcome to pick up a JK and an LS based engine to try and beat us :crazy:

No disrespect meant. Only way I'd own a jeep would be this way. I'll wait for you to finish it up and offer a kit for sale haha

Dirtmafia

Hella
Jan 24, 2011
California
Now the boss wants it CA legal which should be fun (and expensive)

The heads and cam are here, they will be a nice touch on this little guy. I think PRC makes a really nice set of heads for the coin, but time will tell. Looking into harness/ECM options now. There is a company here in CA that we might work with, they have done the most CA legal V8 swaps in Jeep JK's.

The block is off for some machine work but the Jeep is starting to take shape in the shop.