Lpp headers need catted ypipe

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
So I bought these things way back when from cory, but dummy here cant find a shop that will install with no cats because of this whole emissions thing lol. Anyone know if I can just buy a set of stainless works or pacesetter pipe with cats if they fit? Searching pt.net found some write ups, but not much on catted y pipes

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
IIRC, Darren just got some of the Magnaflow spun cats and had them spliced in his y-pipe to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
Do you want cats for emissions purposes, or noise dampening? Resonator/cats can be welded into an offroad Y pipe for emissions - as long as you find a shop that is proficient at SS welding, or add a long bullet in series with the muffler for noise.

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
Emissions so it passes inspection. I mean is it that hard to get it tuned without the sensors for no cats?

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Emissions so it passes inspection. I mean is it that hard to get it tuned without the sensors for no cats?

No, it’s literally just an option in the tuning to turn off the rear o2s. The engine functions off the fronts, the rears are simply to monitor whether or not the cat’s functioning correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i had them tuned out on 2 trucks never made a differance they onyl tell the computer if the cats are working or not.

But depending on your states inspection they may still want to physically see the cat housing.

If you get an offroad y pipe and cats, and mail them to me, all being stainless, and i will tig weld them in for you.

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
i had them tuned out on 2 trucks never made a differance they onyl tell the computer if the cats are working or not.

But depending on your states inspection they may still want to physically see the cat housing.

If you get an offroad y pipe and cats, and mail them to me, all being stainless, and i will tig weld them in for you.
I've got the setup, I might just say screw it and tune them out if I'll have another truck by october. Unless someone wants to buy them off of me lol.

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
Yeah i hear ya. I should have put them on years ago when I bought them from Cory. I just don't think they would sell