Lowering 99 Z71

Major

Sep 22, 2014
Louisiana
Have read up on a few people doing a 6/9 drop on similar trucks. Was wondering what problems yall encountered if any. Thanks in advance.

IIRC he ran dummy cv axles due to the angle and scraped everywhere basically lol. You can do anything, just be prepared to scrape and raise everything.

Yupp, gotta run the cv axle stub that goes through the hub.
Notch the gas tank crossmember that is closest to the cab.
2 piece driveshaft off a nbs ecsb would be a good idea.
If you can raise the tranny crossmember, then it would be a good idea as well. Otherwise you will scrape on everything!

I wouldn't go 6/9 then honestly. I'd go low but only so you retain relatively flat angles. A slightly negative angle would be fine as well. You'd be better off at 4/7 or 5/8 imo

I wouldn't go 6/9 then honestly. I'd go low but only so you retain relatively flat angles. A slightly negative angle would be fine as well. You'd be better off at 4/7 or 5/8 imo

I'd like to get as low as possible. So no more than 10° or so on the cv shafts?

Last edited:
you can have a little upwards angle because the front will naturally lift a little from the torque of launching.

Drop keys and Avs underbed in shop. Flip kit, u-bolts, and bumpstops should be in early next week. Anything that I'm forgetting?

Yea only 3" up front for now. Bank account said hold up. Lol hopefully should be dropped by the PT trucks meet on the 15th.