Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Hit up Kristina at suspensionsource. She's a vendor on here. I'd look into belltech. I've heard better things about belltech spindles for nnbs trucks. Mcgaughys makes good stuff too but if you can get belltech for around the same $$ I'd go that route.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4:30

Apr 23, 2016
Hit up Kristina at suspensionsource. She's a vendor on here. I'd look into belltech. I've heard better things about belltech spindles for nnbs trucks. Mcgaughys makes good stuff too but if you can get belltech for around the same $$ I'd go that route.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cool man thanks. I sent Kristina a message so we'll see what they can do.

brock_gilliam

Oct 9, 2015
Longview Tx
I'm about to order the same thing and my question is it comes with the front struts but no springs would I have to cut my front springs or leave them how they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
I'm about to order the same thing and my question is it comes with the front struts but no springs would I have to cut my front springs or leave them how they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the kit comes with struts and spindles you are fine and don't need to cut anything. The struts have a relocated spring seat that gives the drop.

BB

Apr 8, 2013
Tyler, Texas
I am said member that ^he is taking about. I highly recommend doing helpers and going no lower than 6 in the rear. At 7 I would smack at just about any speed. Shortly before I pulled the kit off, I put in some lift shackles to get it to 6. It didn't smack as much, but was no were near comfortable, especially on the highway.

Another note, it may be a good idea to go on and pick up a camber kit. I hadon't to use offset bushings on the UCA's and still didn't get it in spec, just close. Every truck is different though.

And +1 for belltech, had their components at 2/4 and 4/7 with no complaints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So,, the lift shackles made the ride suck? Or was it the helper bags?..
Reason I ask is because I'm about to place an order for a 4/6 drop (same truck but a 13).
The Mcgaughys kits come with lift hangers. Would suck to pull bed and drill out rivets on factory hangers.

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
So,, the lift shackles made the ride suck? Or was it the helper bags?..
Reason I ask is because I'm about to place an order for a 4/6 drop (same truck but a 13).
The Mcgaughys kits come with lift hangers. Would suck to pull bed and drill out rivets on factory hangers.
I think it was just the lack of a notch. I never had helper bags on mine. Dennis might be able to chime in more. I felt the same way about drilling out all of the rivets which is why I tried out the lift shackles.

BB

Apr 8, 2013
Tyler, Texas
Cool.. I'll text him tomorrow. I know a lot of people have run 6" drops on the rear of these trucks and had no problems.
That's the reason I asked.

I'm ready to get this truck de-pawpaw'd. Lol
Going to order a drop tomorrow if I have time.

Last edited: