Lowered Ride Quality

owned, NONE, drove and been around MANY. The blue crew cab with the same drop as mine, stock 20s etc etc etc rode better than mine with his non BT SP shocks. He's no longer active here, or I'd have him confirm this. I drove that truck. I have pics with us together floating around here. His s/n was texacowboy or something like that. I think senate had the same setup before and hated it. He did coilovers too

Riding like donkey dick, AKA a covered wagon, AKA a shitwagon is not the end result of lowering a vehicle correctly with the correct shit. BT shocks did/do not work for me. Period. I'm not here to argue, I didn't bring up the subject, but I will share my views. I don't care who disagrees or thinks I have no clue as to what "a lowered truck should ride like". In the end, I spent money on a setup I like. I will do coilovers first the next time around for sure. I can live with the rear.

Last edited:
Was yet another monsoon after work so I didn't look at anything yet. Still planning on getting to ND2s Friday.

Now I'm contemplating going ahead and getting 3" springs so I can go down to 4/7.

Justin, do you have 17" pr 16" spindlkes?

I have 17 inch belltech spindles
16s are a lot better for the bump steer right? I wish i would've learned more before I lowered mine. This is my first lowered truck, and truck in general lol. My cars before were all on coil overs, so this spindle stuff was new to me. Honestly i agree with you that a lot of people expect a little too much from a lowered truck. My truck honestly doesn't ride that bad, its just the damn bump steer i hate. On a smooth road it rides and drives like butter. Sadly northwest of fort worth all the damn roads sink on the right side into the shoulders bc of the oilfield and gas fracking semi trucks. I spend more time trying to straddle the middle of the road than my own lane.

Last edited:
I have 17 inch belltech spindles
16s are a lot better for the bump steer right? I wish i would've learned more before I lowered mine. This is my first lowered truck, and truck in general lol. My cars before were all on coil overs, so this spindle stuff was new to me. Honestly i agree with you that a lot of people expect a little too much from a lowered truck. My truck honestly doesn't ride that bad, its just the damn bump steer i hate. On a smooth road it rides and drives like butter. Sadly northwest of fort worth all the damn roads sink on the right side into the shoulders bc of the oilfield and gas fracking semi trucks. I spend more time trying to straddle the middle of the road than my own lane.

yes, 16" is. I have them. And I get what people say about lowered vehicles, but that bumpsteer is because of the lowered height. When done right, a lowered truck and ride as good or better than stock...but it must be done RIGHT. I went through many setups on my truck alone. Had I known coilovers were an option from the beginning I would have done it! It isn't perfect still, but way better than it has ever been. The rear is still a tad rough, but I get over that. I also can't keep suspension parts from failing fast either. Maybe the coilovers will help...but I went through 3 TREs in about 2 years, and two sets of ball joints.

there is that guy that makes coil over kits for the 4wd guys so i assume it works for you as well. that canadian guy 00silv00 is getting a set i think

I know this, I've wanted them forever, should've done them when I had the money. Now I don't and I'm stuck with torsion bars for a while lol.

Sent from Tapashit

Jared was really the first guy that saw noticeably with coil overs. For 750$ its a great value. Consider the shocks are 70$ each, and springs are 250$ so for double the $$ you can get a much better setup. Im not trying to argue with you jared, just trying to share some opions on on different setups. My next truck i will do coilovers cause they are a superior setup

However, your gonna have to get something a bit custom spun up for that truck I beleive.

Me? I'm gonna have to do those mounts the guy on gmfs makes since I have TB front end. Then qa1 coil overs and a pro comp upper mount adapter. I know exactly what I need, money is just the issue, the setup would run around 700-800 and it's just not worth it to me right now.

Either way, I'm not opposed to doing anything custom anyways. Wouldn't be the first time.

Sent from Tapashit