Lowered Ride Quality

Also mine used to be super bouncy and then i took my front bump stops out which actually did help the ride. it also lowered my truck even more in the front so i know i was riding on them all the time before

I noticed last night that my driver side tire is coming out of alignment as well. Put new outter tire rod ends on when the drop was installed. I'm talking with Kris now at the suspension source about my problem.

Def checking the bumpstops when I get off of work.

I have the same problem as you, my front rides
Terrible, I figured out it's because I have some of the stiffest torsion bars they made though. That's also why my truck won't go any lower than 3.5" up front too. And I don't even have a v6 lol

Edit: and I have belltech shocks already lol

Sent from Tapashit

Last edited:
I'm gonna check my bumpstops and look at everything tonight. More than likely order ND2s Friday. Kris suggested I use those since they're softer and might help with my stiff springs up front.

I don't know the first thing about any of this stuff. That's just what was suggested. Unless y'all have better ideas.

Shocks usually are the deciding factor. Inspect suspension at ride height for steering interference, bump stops, but shocks can be a huge variance.

I often find mono tube shocks not to be a great road use shock. Problem is they don't naturally return to there ride height, and require the suspension to compress and decompress the shock. Twin tubes naturally return. Mono tubes will often cause a large amount of bumpsteer and unstable conditions while driving.

DJM is Twin tube, so is belltech. The vlaving and internal psi is where they differ However...I have never heard anything good about djm. I just lowered my Ranger with a DJM kit 4/5 drop. Tossed the calmax's in the garbage and used belltech SP. Rides like a dream, so does my ccsb, and so does my rcsb. Jared is the only guy who I have ever seen have a bad experience with Belltech. But hes a Ginger, so he cant be trusted anyways
Wrong. I'm just the only one you've paid attention to. Many guys on gmfs, pt.net, ls1trucks and whatever other fucking plethora of forums I'm on have commented as well. I'd show link but quite frankly I don't care. I have them again, and while they are better than my Monroe shocks, that isn't saying much as they were "drop" shocks for a medium duty truck. My front was 10xs better after the coilover swap. Just saying. There's better out there. Some people just look at it as "well I'm lowered, it's gonna be rough". Bullshit. Spend money or deal with it.

Wrong. I'm just the only one you've paid attention to. Many guys on gmfs, pt.net, ls1trucks and whatever other fucking plethora of forums I'm on have commented as well. I'd show link but quite frankly I don't care. I have them again, and while they are better than my Monroe shocks, that isn't saying much as they were "drop" shocks for a medium duty truck. My front was 10xs better after the coilover swap. Just saying. There's better out there. Some people just look at it as "well I'm lowered, it's gonna be rough". Bullshit. Spend money or deal with it.

Maybe I haven't noticed many others complaining about them, it seems few and far between tho

However..I have 3 trucks with these shocks. And have owned every variation of NBS truck. Lifted or lowered, my belltechs have always provided a soft positive ride, while still maintaining great driving dynamics. Not to mention the edelbrock, monroe, djm, and doestech shocks i have tried over the years. Its hard to beat a guy with as much experience in NBS trucks, in varying chassis and heights, then I.

Jared, I believe you are just expecting WAY to much from a 4 or 5" Drop. I get comments constantly from regular people on how well all my trucks ride. From a totally none arrogant way, how many lowered trucks have you owned?

Yes coil overs would be best....but that might mean throwing out all your parts you just bought. Id love to try a set on my next Truck.

Last edited: