Lowered Ride Quality

I've read complaints on drag setups. 4 linked rears and up front. Out of all the coilovers, I've heard more complaints out of qa1.

don't think coilovers are really terribly priced. think we've all got used to the price of cheaper drop parts. look at the price for any set of decent coilovers for a car, and the ridetechs are right in line. I think the problem is a lot of people skimp out on a decent quality shock. in the perfect world where I had money, id like ridetech coilovers up front, and ridetech ride quality shocks in the rear.

I'd like Koni electrics all around

biggest thing with qa1 is you can get them valved soo differently. just like a fox or king etc.

Problem is people get lost in left field with no idea what they're doing with valving

Sent from my hacked super-nintendo

Last edited:
don't think coilovers are really terribly priced. think we've all got used to the price of cheaper drop parts. look at the price for any set of decent coilovers for a car, and the ridetechs are right in line. I think the problem is a lot of people skimp out on a decent quality shock. in the perfect world where I had money, id like ridetech coilovers up front, and ridetech ride quality shocks in the rear.

bingo. I'd like to toss a set of fox or equivalent on the rear if I keep the truck. For now, since I don't even drive it, and the shocks are new, they will stay as is. If you know you want to stay static, go coilovers. I've had pretty good luck with my setup, my only issue was the drop amount and not wanting to buy new tires (mine were brand new). If I went smaller, or tubbed it would be perfect at the drop height. Or I could lift it up some and still enjoy it.

I think now that the fullsize guys have slowly started doing this, it will become popular! It takes a few people to try it, review it and make improvements and BAM. There are now 2 local guys with the same setup. 2 crews, 1 rcsb.

you can get the ride tech ride quality shocks for 125 a piece which isn't terribly priced. they are non adjustable which isn't necessarily a bad thing. sometimes when you get into that adjustment shit and you don't know what your doing, you cant dial it in right. the thing I like a lot about the ridetech shocks is they have 1,000,001 mile warranty. also, fox is somehow tied into the manufacturing of the ridetech shocks just not sure how.

Anyone got any opinions on Western Chassis drop springs?

They're the only company I've found that actually specifically makes springs for the 4.3. I wanna try softer springs actually made for my truck. Along with BT shocks.