barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
Wheels that are on it 17s. Id like to bring it down 2 inches and stagger wheel sizes with 19 in back and 18 in front. Id also like to put some wheels on it - I think the TT2s are well over played. But I have no idea what would look good on the car - Im open for suggestions.

This is the best pic I have until it arrives Saturday.

IMG_0380.jpg

Last edited:

GCncsuHD

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Mar 8, 2011
Salisbury, NC
With a 2" drop and that staggered wheel size, a nice protouring look with something like this would look good
890.jpg

Although you can never go wrong with a classic 5 spoke design
898.jpg

(The second is what I plan to go with on my 67)

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
Yeah I love the forged wheels........not doing 20s and 18s though. I dont like that much of a different in size. I would go 20 and 19 but I havent seen it so not sure if 19s will fit in front.

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
If they had these in replica and dished for the rear Id buy them meow....

$(KGrHqMOKo4E5ZPN(t(JBOcpK+tKog~~60_35.JPG

notorious

Automotive Art
Apr 22, 2012
Wheels aren't dished and original pic had some sort of fisheye distortion on it, but quick-n-dirty as usual:

loweru.jpg

Last edited:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
My thoughts:

Drop it a bit, nice air ride tech setup would be dope as fuck! That last wheel, not feeling it. That first one you posted would like incredible, the second one is more classy, and would again, look nice. Lost that exhaust setup, run it over the axle or to the axle and dump.

That car is begging for more low and more wheel and tire for those wheel wells.

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
The current exhaust set up makes me want to punch babies. I'll prolly go straight out the back to keep the noise down on the inside. Dont know how to terminate though - oval tips, intercooled borla, dunno......

Air Ride - future plan. Current plan is to be cheap as shit and just do spring in back and spring/speendols in front

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Detriot Speed products...thats the only good suggestion. SRS, air ride tech shit is gay, and have to deal with relays, valves, tanks, and compressors. Plus compared to a get tubualr and coilover setup, its gonna walk away with ease.

If you wanna go marginally cheaper, but still pretty decnet performance the Hotchkis TVS work really nice. Full kits, sway bars, front and rear control arms, links, springs etc