Low truck toolbox, need some ideas....

Colyn.

Acrophobic
Mar 17, 2012
Alma, GA
What would look better the current silver with clearcoat or a gloss black with clearcoat or maybe even colormatch the lid and rest of it black?

vynyjuze.jpg

uhu2u5uq.jpg

9upena6u.jpg

abege7e3.jpg

And I talked to chad and the way I want to bolt it down will be to take 4 nuts and drill holes in each corner then weld the nuts under bed floor so I can bolt it from the top and it will be easy removable with only 4 bolts from inside the box.

What should I line the bottom of box with, its kind of plain right now and was wondering it I should try to mount a led stripe in it but don't know how I would get power to them with it being removable.

8aqytyty.jpg

tuvaja2a.jpg

Overall I'm happy with the way it looks and where its sitting just want to make it look alittle more tasteful. Probably going to use it to keep some tools in, a few small parts and cleaning/detailing stuff.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
For the light you could have a short pigtail come out of your box with some sort of quick connect so you can unplug it when removing

Yeah I could just drill a round hole in bed floor and tiny hole in bottom of box to put the pig tail thru that way it plugged in under bed and still was all hidden. I just bought some new thicker weather strip for the top the old was pretty worn out. Trying to decide it if I going to undercoat the floor of the box so its easy to clean out.

I vote to leave it as is, it blends in well with the white paint. If you painted it black it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Never seen a toolbox in that location. Looks dope.

Thanks bro..

I'm going to go to the Chevy dealership tomorrow and pick up another pin for the driver side of the box since one is missing. Also going to find some kind of bed liner type spray so I can line the floor of it. Dont know what to use yet though.

Like my white front bumper cap :cheeky:

Yeah LOL, I never paid that much attention to notice that your bumper cap was black. You should paint it white, Dakotas truck looks good like that.

Use a couple cans of duplicolor bed armor from advance. Coupon code online. Add the fuse to your box for the hotwire in your trailer plug. I've got some old male/female hid ends you could wire from there and to an led strip (just pass the wire thru a small grommeted hole in box). Could run the plug thru a small hole in the corner of the bed maybe even below the taillight inside the bed. Put a switch on the lid like benge did his gate.

I agree that it looks out of place/misfit where it is in the bed, something more flush to the bedsides would look good. Its a great idea though if you never really use your whole bed. I vote to leave it how it is unless the finish is trashed, and maybe line the inside with some boat carpet; its durable and is alot like the stuff bedrugs are made out of, plus its be a little more cushy inside.

Yeah LOL, I never paid that much attention to notice that your bumper cap was black. You should paint it white, Dakotas truck looks good like that.

Nothing exterior is being done until I repaint whole truck. Paint is getting nasty and chipping so kinda a waste of money IMO otherwise I would and shave gate now but I'm just gonna finish collecting parts for now.

Go to you local parts store, pick up a kit and roll it on

What I'm gonna do most likely.

Will it not fit up against the cab? Looks really weird there :imo:

Not enough room in this fgt short short cc bed. But I like where its at cause its different.

Use a couple cans of duplicolor bed armor from advance. Coupon code online. Add the fuse to your box for the hotwire in your trailer plug. I've got some old male/female hid ends you could wire from there and to an led strip (just pass the wire thru a small grommeted hole in box). Could run the plug thru a small hole in the corner of the bed maybe even below the taillight inside the bed. Put a switch on the lid like benge did his gate.

Will most likely use the rubber grommet idea but still do it on bottom of box with hole in bed floor idea.

I agree that it looks out of place/misfit where it is in the bed, something more flush to the bedsides would look good. Its a great idea though if you never really use your whole bed. I vote to leave it how it is unless the finish is trashed, and maybe line the inside with some boat carpet; its durable and is alot like the stuff bedrugs are made out of, plus its be a little more cushy inside.

I thought about carpet but I want something more washable/cleanable than carpet. I can always put the carpet on top of bedliner I only plan on putting it on the bottom not on the sides and all. I don't want a flush one and had one that sat on the rails when I bought truck it looked horrible imo and the finish on box looks 90% compared to brand new.

Musty be cushy inside for the hookers and cocaine :crazy:

Cocaine is hidden somewhere super :secret: I keep the hookers chained up in my basement :cheeky:

idk what kinda midget hookers colyn is into...but im sure he knows the cocaine goes in the spare tire or headliner :read:

Exactly. Wait :nono: I haz no spare tire.... shhhh

I have a piece of rubber truck bedmat in the bottom of my toolbox to keep things from sliding around, but marine carpet is a great idea too. And just use some insulated crimp on quick connects to disconnect the lights.

I got some duplicolor armor bed liner today and will start on it when I get a break from school/work... still need to look and see if I have any male/female connectors I can use from my old hid set laying around.

List as of now to do.

S.O.S/Steel Wood Inside
Armor Bed Line Bottom
Apply New Weatherstrip
Get lid pen for left latch
Bolt to floor and weld nut to bottom of bed

That's it for the short list... Getting the key for it tomorrow when I go to work.