Liamrk

Oct 11, 2015
After lowering my truck I was just too stoked to pay attention to the ride quality or suspension geometry, but now after daily driving the truck at 5/8 for a couple months I've decided it could be better. I'm mostly concerned with the front as I know what needs to happen in the back. I know it's a lowered fullsize and its not gonna ride like a Cadillac but I know it can be better.
224cd123a6342a5a034b2e03f69228be.jpg

Current set up is keys and djm lowers up front. Stock uppers, stock bumps. Keys are tightened all the way and still crazy loose. And it bump steers bad, tie rod angles look bad too. So my questions are:

When it comes to tie rods are heims a good idea? Will this affect bump steer ? And is a tie rod flip an option. I've read that with djm arms this helps bumpsteer sometimes.

Does anyone have experience with spindles and arms ? Keys seem to put a bad angle on everything but I've heard negative things about arms and keys.

My sway bar end links seem to be way to long, what's a good way to judge how long they should be? And who sells shorter ones

And would flipping my stock upper arms help anything

Any advice is appreciated!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
You definitely need spindles. And I'd go ahead with heims and flip em. That's how my setup is and it got rid of my bumpsteer.

The most you would get out of flipping the stock uppers is a little better bj angle iirc but to be honest, you may need djm uppers when you do spindles. I had to buy them because I couldn't get my camber in spec.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Liamrk

Oct 11, 2015
You definitely need spindles. And I'd go ahead with heims and flip em. That's how my setup is and it got rid of my bumpsteer.

The most you would get out of flipping the stock uppers is a little better bj angle iirc but to be honest, you may need djm uppers when you do spindles. I had to buy them because I couldn't get my camber in spec.

What heims did you go with ? And you are saying flipping them helped huh, it must have something to do with the djm arms.

Liamrk

Oct 11, 2015
youre not going to want to shorten that sway bar link
No? Looks weird to me maybe its just me
Spindles(16"), Heim steering from extensive.

my 5/7 ccsb on 265/35r22 rides like a dream, no bump steering, no darting, and smooth
What other drop parts did you use ? I'll look into heims from extensive

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
What heims did you go with ? And you are saying flipping them helped huh, it must have something to do with the djm arms.

Yea I had bad bumpsteer after the arms. The heims helped a lot but with as low as I am, I still had bad tie rod angles. So I drilled out the spindle and flipped the heims and got perfect flat angles and got rid of the sloppiness.

I bent an inner tre now though :pissed: good thing they are under warranty. Just gotta get these off and get 2 more so I can shorten them and get them on. Lol
He got his heims from a member. Brett. Tukn4s.

This.

Liamrk

Oct 11, 2015
Yea I had bad bumpsteer after the arms. The heims helped a lot but with as low as I am, I still had bad tie rod angles. So I drilled out the spindle and flipped the heims and got perfect flat angles and got rid of the sloppiness.

I bent an inner tre now though issed: good thing they are under warranty. Just gotta get these off and get 2 more so I can shorten them and get them on. Lol

This.

Damn how'd you bend one ? And does brett actively sell heims or did he just have a pair for sale

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Damn how'd you bend one ? And does brett actively sell heims or did he just have a pair for sale

Shitty roads lol. Potholes as far as the eye can see.

He sells them. Great quality and price.