Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornell

Pepper your Angus
Jan 25, 2011
Might have bought it

:corny:

Well I bought it for my buddy since he didn't have enough cash without going to the bank. Going to pay me back this week.

Cornell

Pepper your Angus
Jan 25, 2011
right on, if you got for $10k good deal.

I paid 10.5 and the guy wanted to keep the tube steps and weathertechs.... zero fucks given about the steps now I don't have to rip those pieces of shit off.

But my friend wanted it bad even though he has 5 Cummins trucks. I let him test drive it when we went. I didn't tell him it had an optimized stock tune from Idaho Rob that the guy just put on it and he stepped on it and looked over with a smile on his face. :lol:

So he's going to pay me back, until then I consider it mine. :corny:

I told him I wouldn't let him wreck it and that I was going to build it for him

Plans for the truck:

Fix the rust on the rockers
Fix the minor seem swell on bottom of the doors.
Short bed conversion
SDP EGR Delete, PCV Reroute
15% tint on the sides, 50% on shield
Try to work a deal for a short bed at a salvage yard since its in great condition.
Debage/Demold
Clear corners/headlights
LML 20's

Eventually full Denali interior when I can find a wrecked one for a decent price.

He's going to put a plow on it and retire his First Gen 12 valve Cummins from duty. He hates driving his 2011 Dually around because it floats all over the place in the winter with 285's and American Forces on it..... and his other trucks aren't reliable haha

04SSHD

Master Debater
Staff member
Mar 23, 2012
Henderson, NV
bigdaddyfatsac.com
Well if you could find me a truck like in my OP with the same miles as your Ford I would gladly buy it for 5k. I know KBB is bs. That Ford isn't exactly a highly desired truck between the 6.0.... headgasket and egr cooler problems. They don't hold their value the same... not trying to be an ass either.

So I will say it again... find a regular cab LBZ optioned the same as my truck in OP at auction, with half the miles and have the price around 7-8k. I bet you won't find anything in decent shape under 15-16k.

With my first rc the place bought it at auction for 7600 and I bought it for 8. That was for a totaled LBZ with a frame that needed replaced. I asked the guy on GMFS that's doing an AWD RCSSB and he thought I made out decent on mine even in its condition.

I'm sure you would gladly buy it at 5k, hell, I probably would too. The 6.0 isn't a bad motor, it's got flaws but so does just about everything else. 6.7 cummins were stretching head studs and blowing head gaskets with a mild tuners on them. In stock form, take care of the motor and stay on top of maintence and it will run a few hundred thousand miles. I'm actually a big fan of the 6.0, hell I have two of them. The main reason to buy Ford or Dodge Diesels... SOLID FRONT AXLE... /thread

Cornell

Pepper your Angus
Jan 25, 2011
The 6.0 isn't a bad motor, it's got flaws but so does just about everything else. 6.7 cummins were stretching head studs and blowing head gaskets with a mild tuners on them. In stock form, take care of the motor and stay on top of maintence and it will run a few hundred thousand miles. I'm actually a big fan of the 6.0, hell I have two of them. The main reason to buy Ford or Dodge Diesels... SOLID FRONT AXLE... /thread

4 studs per cylinder would definitely be a huge flaw, heui, egr, and turbo problems to top it off. That's a real good engine!

Glad you brought up that modified 6.7s blow up, but 6.0s do it stock... many of them with under 100k.

AND WITH THE ZINGER AT THE END! Holy fuck you're so hard core with your SFA I can't even handle it.

Feel free to PM me anytime you find a clean Regular cab LBZ with 125k on it, 4wd, power windows, doors..... for less than 10k. I'll gladly come get it since the weak IFS isn't good enough for a daily driver and you'd rather deal with tires that cup, a worse ride, and some death wobble.

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
AND WITH THE ZINGER AT THE END! Holy fuck you're so hard core with your SFA I can't even handle it.

Feel free to PM me anytime you find a clean Regular cab LBZ with 125k on it, 4wd, power windows, doors..... for less than 10k. I'll gladly come get it since the weak IFS isn't good enough for a daily driver and you'd rather deal with tires that cup, a worse ride, and some death wobble.

Read this whole thread and thats a great deal for that truck. People in california are running dmaxs, powerstrokes, and cummins with 300k plus. Even some of my close friend's 6.0s have 300k, but they've all had problems with them too.

But I love how Ford owners are so blind that they like to pay their chiropractor weekly so they can drive those solid axle, covered wagon riding pieces of shit, or Cummins owners who like sitting in seats that are made of cloth covered plywood. You can't beat the comfort and ride of any GM HD in my opinion.

04SSHD

Master Debater
Staff member
Mar 23, 2012
Henderson, NV
bigdaddyfatsac.com
I like all, to each his own, you are all gonna pay to play it doesn't matter in the end you all love the same game.

good point and well spoken.

I've had all 3 of the domestic brand HD trucks. They all have their up and downs, none of them have nailed it on a perfect truck, but more recently they're getting pretty damn close.

Dodge - loved the engine, and SFA was a plus. Cummins has power, torque, longevity, and will pull anything behind it with ease. But at the end of the day it was still a dodge...shitty plastic interior, crappy seats, death wobble, etc
GM - my first HD series truck, and a great truck, but has its flaws. Comfortable interior but...cheap plastic wears fast, cheap leather, electronic components failing, Torsion bar lift sucks, IFS sucks.
Ford - currently hooked on, I personally feel for the money, it's one of the better diesel trucks on the market. It has its flaws, yes the cab needs to be pulled to do invasive motor work, yes they have a few kinks to work out on their diesels, but the interior is nice and comfortable, truck drives nice, plenty of power and torque. Little bit of steering wander, but that's common for SFA trucks.

After owning all of them, I've settled on the PSD Ford, best bang for the buck in the used 4x4 diesel market. Yes to each their own, and yes they all have their positives and negatives.

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
plans sounds great !! besides the plowing part...and the comfort of gm hd trucks is amazing compared to ford and dodge IMO

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
I paid $10k for my crew cab 4wd LBZ. 240k miles and push button shift, Bose audio, center console interior and fairly straight body. So even $10 is pretty steep for that truck, I'd pay no more than 8 or 9 IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiki

Jan 23, 2011
Pull the cab for engine work? Ffffffffffffffff that shiz

Cornell

Pepper your Angus
Jan 25, 2011
Going to debadge demold it tomorrow and tint Friday or Saturday. Going to figure out when he wants to shorten it.

Emery19

That Ford Guy
Apr 8, 2012
Mount Laurel, NJ
Read this whole thread and thats a great deal for that truck. People in california are running dmaxs, powerstrokes, and cummins with 300k plus. Even some of my close friend's 6.0s have 300k, but they've all had problems with them too.

But I love how Ford owners are so blind that they like to pay their chiropractor weekly so they can drive those solid axle, covered wagon riding pieces of shit, or Cummins owners who like sitting in seats that are made of cloth covered plywood. You can't beat the comfort and ride of any GM HD in my opinion.

my 350 rides pretty damn good imo. but my buddy's dmax rode like shit but he was cranked to the sky. soo. thats why. my dad was a chevy guy until i turned him to ford. His yukon rides awesome though, and my buddies dad's nnbs rides like a couch going down the highway. i do have to say though, if i didnt find the deal i did on my powerstroke, i was starting to look at gm's. funny enough it was cornells trucks that had me looking at gm's

Status
Not open for further replies.