Lifted NNBS CCLB Dirtymax from Slamology. This thing is a behemoth.

As a parking brake it would a great setup. I'm sure this truck is still a work in progress, I know he has a paint job planned for it that still needs done.

The problem with it being a show trok is it wont be having the shit beat out of it - which is what those axles are meant for. There's no way I could put that bamf running gear on it and not go beat it up a bit.

As a parking brake it would a great setup. I'm sure this truck is still a work in progress, I know he has a paint job planned for it that still needs done.

Oh I know it's a work in progress, it has been for YEARS. IIRC he was collecting parts and drawing up plans years before he ever bought the truck. I have talked to Mark quite a few times online, I know he is very knowledgeable, it's just a little over the top for me.

Why doesn't anybody keep air brakes on the rockwells, air is so much better for stopping power. Truck is huge, but yeah things like the exhaust, chrome bedrails, chrome tailgate cap, and a few other things make it look cheap and takeaway from the suspension imo. I also agree that it will never be taken offroad because if all that gets dirty once, it would never be the same no matter how much you clean it

Wheels under 20" wont fit over the drums, the drums require a lot of maintenance and hold a ton of mud in, and each corner (drum/backing plate/shoes) weighs about 80lbs (so 160lbs per axle just for brakes).

Why doesn't anybody keep air brakes on the rockwells, air is so much better for stopping power.

Uh, you do realize that many of these 2.5 ton rockwells are not air brake equipped to start with, and it would require a lot more work to convert them. (some of the Deuces are air over hydraulic, the calipers are still hydraulically activated) And I'm not sure where you get the idea that air brakes provide more stopping power, because that is not the case. Hydraulic brakes can be built to provide the same or much more stopping power. The benefit of air brakes is the ability to run the truck and trailer off one system, having two braking systems (service and emergency) running off one set of controls that will failsafe to lock up the brakes rather than losing brakes all together, and the ability to have full braking power if the engine dies.

Not to mention the obvious weight savings with disk vs drum.

Last edited:
What's a Ming Ming?

The little duck from The Wonder Pets.

Wonder_pets_ming-ming_duckling002.jpg

Uh, you do realize that many of these 2.5 ton rockwells are not air brake equipped to start with, and it would require a lot more work to convert them. (some of the Deuces are air over hydraulic, the calipers are still hydraulically activated) And I'm not sure where you get the idea that air brakes provide more stopping power, because that is not the case. Hydraulic brakes can be built to provide the same or much more stopping power. The benefit of air brakes is the ability to run the truck and trailer off one system, having two braking systems (service and emergency) running off one set of controls that will failsafe to lock up the brakes rather than losing brakes all together, and the ability to have full braking power if the engine dies.

Not to mention the obvious weight savings with disk vs drum.

Yeah I do, we have 2 ton trucks with air brakes and with air over hydraulic, and the full air systems are better, however both stop very well respectively. I am fully aware of how air brakes function, but didn't know that rockwells came with disks on them.

Yeah I do, we have 2 ton trucks with air brakes and with air over hydraulic, and the full air systems are better, however both stop very well respectively. I am fully aware of how air brakes function, but didn't know that rockwells came with disks on them.

They don't come with disks on them, at least not to my knowledge. (I meant to say wheel cylinders where I put calipers above when talking about the air over hydraulic.)

Would rather have the S10....

^^^ Big word, that s-10 is sick nastee.

S10 is clean (minus the paint job)

The S-10 is still in progress. It started out as a RCLB, but he built a complete new frame from the a-pillar back and made it into an ECLB. It's stock floor body-dropped and bagged. 20/22 combo with Corvette brakes in the front and a Ford 9" in the rear. It also has a 406 with 4 bolt main. The frame is done, but there is a lot of body work left to do. He wanted to take the truck out there, so we bolted the bed and cab on, and drug it out.

598641_10150904763792911_1800151257_n.jpg

223982_10150904764042911_1464647422_n.jpg

206130_10150904764872911_621842285_n.jpg

Last edited:
Haha they'd be like "im only 16 and Iv fucked as many dudes as inches of lift you have on that bad boy, take me for a ride"