Lifted 02 Sierra Z71

I gotcha. I've had that thought before, wanted to do the drl to turn signal mod but didn't wanna lose my drl but couldn't figure out a way to do it. I hate wiring beside wiring up lights or sound systems

For this to work properly you have to have type 2 switchbacks as well. I had type 1 before and then the drl would flash orange-white in the day time and it looked stupid. Ill redraw my wiring and post a pic for you guys

Looks real good. My drl ply was all burnt up and never worked so I never ran one. Plus with the tint the headlights come on most of the time anyways lol

6794f45e3280bfa08e6317125e8fe9b5.jpg

Okay so this is how I wired the turn signals. I used my original socket and modified it to take the guts from a 3 wire socket, easy enough to do and no messing with the clocking rings. And I've had that resistor in there for about 3 years now and it keeps the drl leds alive for a very long time

:notbad: Might have to try that. So the stock DRL voltage kills LEDs? I just plugged mine in there, only been in about a month now. I figured they'd be alright since they don't draw much

:notbad: Might have to try that. So the stock DRL voltage kills LEDs? I just plugged mine in there, only been in about a month now. I figured they'd be alright since they don't draw much
Yeah, for whatever reason the drl sockets get more than 12v to them, hence why they burn out all the time.

Hmm. I guess I'll need to grab a resister soon, need to put some in for my flashers anyway. I think I'm gonna try switchbacks next too so DNW to burn those out

Only the drl runs 14.5v all the time. The turn signals are fine without the need for a resistor

839b809e2e60597c14d0c71351eab868.jpg

b02e6e48d776ab0cf4bede7cfcb38a6b.jpg

I bought these spiked lugs but I'm still on the fence about them. Think they look alright? I do like that theyre theft preventative too

Thats a good look with that lip imo, and will look way better once the wheels are polished. Whered you find those?

Ya I think I'll run them, was worried they'd stick out too far since these aren't the 14s that everyone else is running them with.

I like those lugs. Where u buy

They are Metal Lugz brand, same ones Brucey got for his new 22s

what kinda tars you putting on dem?

I'm thinking I'm gonna get the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 for them.

I really Need to polish them out, but that all depends on how much time i have on the weekends, which usually isn't much with work.