Leveling

jones04

Apr 4, 2013
Well the wife doesn't want me to lower the truck the way I want or at least until its paid off. So I'm going to do some searching around to level it out. Any ideas? Also. Wrong section for this but any idea where I can find OEM fogs? 2004 Chevy 1500 with ss body

moved.

you can make a thread in the appropriate section for the fogs for a better response, or in the wanted section too.

I say leave it alone until you want to lower it. You want it lowered, leveling will be a waste of money if you know you will later lower. Just lower it, she'll get over it...or file for divorce! :proud:

Lol. I got about 4 years left on this thing. Well I heard leveling shackles arnt that expensive. Four years driving a stock height truck is like... no sex for 4 years!!!!

Agreed, just throw some 2" shackles on the back to give it a level stance for now then lower later on

My McG 2" shackles haven't ever made a noise... heard belltech were alittle iffy something about not fitting right but tony will take care of you trust me and I use all other BT parts besides spindles and love there products.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

I have BT shackles, never had a problem when I ran them. Are you wanting to level up, or level down? I took it as you wanted to level up...

go to autozone, they have shackles for like $35

Keep an eye out for cheap drop parts here and there and buy them one at a time so it's not so much money all at once so she'll understand and you can drop it lol....like posted before tho, shackles can be had from $35-60 bucks all day long.

What smith said, just keep looking and you can slowly build up a pile on drop parts for cheap instead of dropping a stack of cash all at once on new. Only thing you should buy new is notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with looking for used or pats on sale and buying the, here and there to build your drop. He'll I have almost an entire 350 in my garage that I have had for a little over a year and my fiancé found out about it like 6 months ago when we organized the garage. That also what I did to level my 04 up, needed shocks so I got a barely used leveling kit with shocks then I also needed tires so I just got 285 instead of 265s, when parts wear out don't just replace them upgrade them with stuff you want.

Last edited: