Lets see your motorcycles!

Question for you guys. I'm wanting to learn to ride a bike and wanna know what I should start out on. I'm 5'6, bout 140 lbs. I was thinking of getting my cousins r6 and go from there but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

R6's are fast. But if you have never ridden a motorcycle I would get like a 125 2 stroke or 250 4 stroke dirt bike to learn on. You don't want to learn on the street on a sport bike for multiple reasons.

I know what you mean. It would be on the back roads by the house where I would've ridden it. I've usually heard that an r6 or something similar is good to start out when riding.

I know what you mean. It would be on the back roads by the house where I would've ridden it. I've usually heard that an r6 or something similar is good to start out when riding.

an r6 is a terrible first bike, especially for your size.
im 5'10" and i was tip toeing it.

take the msf course first for sure and look at ninja 250s and gs500s.

I concur, get something small to learn on. My first bike was a KZ1000, it was about 600 lbs but I can manage the weight. R6 is a fast bike, my first street bike was a R1 and I had a few holy shit moments before I got the hang of the bike. Last thing you want to do is dump a nice street bike by learning on it.

Just got it. Already wanting to mod it
a4e7ehus.jpg
4yhu5u7a.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have one yet, but I've been learning on my dad's bike.

'99 HD Fatboy, bone stock. He picked it up off the dealership I worked at last year with 1499 miles on it. Plans are spoke wheels which we just snagged a used set, exhaust, Intake, and rejet the carb.

de6u2u4a.jpg

And while I'm riding that, he'll ride his other bike.

'64 HD Panhead. He built it in the late 70's and it's had some revisions since then. Pretty heavily molded: bored & stroked, Intake, exhaust, converted to 12v, 4spd, kick start only.

Getting some new rubber for this season.

y6y2a2y8.jpg

Nice bump. :success:

My 2007 'Bolt (Mods are HIDs, Jardine exhaust, K&N filter, etc.)

With my brother's 2010 Uly this weekend

Currently looking at getting a Road Glide Custom. Motorcycles have taken over my addiction to trucks. The most fun I have is when I'm on my bike.

Last edited:
Do et. I was all about getting a crotch rocket until I rode my dad's hd.

And you seem to like the color red in your family :crazy:

The Buell's are fun in the fact that it's like having a crotch rocket and a Harley in the same bike. Mine is an ANIMAL in the corners. So much fun. And to be honest, White is my favorite color, I just happened to fall upon 3 red vehicles :rofl:

I had the bike, car, and truck out yesterday washing them and had several people walking by ask me the same thing :crazy:.

I definitely want one of each eventually, I'll just get a cruiser/chopper style bike first to be honest.

I started on a r6, don't do that, not because it's too big of a bike, the effing seat just sits way too high, so you need long legs lol, buddy had a gsxr600 lowered a little, he was shorter than you and he flat footed the ground, it's not too much power for a beginner unless you have absolutely zero confidence in riding, I moved from a 600 to a 750 in a month and a half, then to a 1400 in another 2 months, but I rode every single day, rain or shine

If I bag, I am debating something like a slammed civic hatch or a bike. Never rode though. Not one for street bikes, while they are cool and fun, I want a cruiser for sure, and I posted that same pic above as one that I wanted my step-father to build me.

If I bag, I am debating something like a slammed civic hatch or a bike. Never rode though. Not one for street bikes, while they are cool and fun, I want a cruiser for sure, and I posted that same pic above as one that I wanted my step-father to build me.

Bike! Dnw civic personally but would love to have a r6, gixxer600, or a bobber