Let's see your GMC grille swaps: 00-02 to 03-07 classic, and vice versa in reverse.

GM

Sep 17, 2013
Let's see your GMC grille swaps, where you fit an 03-07 classic grille over the top of an 00-02 bumper, or where you put an 00-02 grille over the top of an 03-07 classic bumper.

Full front end swaps don't really count, because, well, a full swap doesn't look any different than any other truck of the same year without the swap.

For this thread, let's see where you swapped the GMC grille only, making a hybrid front end of early and late NBS grille/bumper combinations, dealing with the difference between curved and angular grille to bumper gaps.

:D

Last edited:
Peyton's truck. :hng:
jynuhatu.jpg

Let's see your GMC grille swaps: 00-02 to 03-07 classic, and vice versa in r...

Rofl. I don't know anyone else right off hand that has that combo.

Edit:

03-06 grill looks titties with either bumper IMO

Last edited:
Other two are on gmfs. Coop sold his rcsb that had it iirc, and sumtincoo has a t-56 swapped yellow/black two tone 99-02.

That grille doesn't no look good on an older bumper It follows none of the lines of the bumper, and sticks out like a sore dick from the side. Not all new things are better then old.

Ha ha... hating is A-OK. I like strong opinions on style.

Thanks everyone, for the pics so far. Keep em coming, if you know of or run across any more.

What I was hoping to find is whether or not anyone has taken this mod to the next level, by reshaping the lower angular line of the 03-06 grille shell to match the radiused line of the 00-02 bumper. Since some folks paint the grille shell anyway, the condition of the plastic chrome after rounding would not be a factor. And a few folks trade out their chrome versions for the lower trim level work truck versions prior to modifying.

And, I was hoping to see a reverse swap, with the older grille on top of the newer bumper. Anyone ever see that? (even if it made you puke!)

yah cause it doesnt work....they clearly dont fit well
Agreed. Never understood why you'd wanna do this. Little details like the bottom corners and how far it projects off the front bug the shit outta me

Ha ha... hating is A-OK. I like strong opinions on style.

Thanks everyone, for the pics so far. Keep em coming, if you know of or run across any more.

What I was hoping to find is whether or not anyone has taken this mod to the next level, by reshaping the lower angular line of the 03-06 grille shell to match the radiused line of the 00-02 bumper. Since some folks paint the grille shell anyway, the condition of the plastic chrome after rounding would not be a factor. And a few folks trade out their chrome versions for the lower trim level work truck versions prior to modifying.

And, I was hoping to see a reverse swap, with the older grille on top of the newer bumper. Anyone ever see that? (even if it made you puke!)

Never seen anybody do the old grille on an '03+ truck, I'd like to see it though cuz in my head I picture huge amounts of over bite. There's another guy that has the 03+grille on a 99-02 truck tho, can't remember his screen name but it's that gold truck with a Superlift (me thinks) on stock 17s and 37" STTs

There's another guy that has the 03+grille on a 99-02 truck tho, can't remember his screen name but it's that gold truck with a Superlift (me thinks) on stock 17s and 37" STTs

I know the truck you are thinking of, thought it was on 16s but is pretty clean looking and pretty sure it had the Superlift F.I.T. kit

Is it my imagination, or does the dark truck at the top right hand corner of this website banner, that is also the icon truck in the lower right corner of the pop up overlay that says "click here to register" when you are reading without being logged in... have a Chevy HD hood, a Chevy bow tie grille, a Chevy bumper, but with GMC headlights and fenders?

Thanks Boosted. I'll make another appointment with my ophthalmologist. I could swear I see the raised eyebrow look of the GMC headlights on Juan's truck.

So another question on style, that is related the to NBS GMC bumper/grille combination theme of this thread:

Have any of you seen the top cap to the 00-02 bumper in chrome? There was an aftermarket company (Putco, or similar) who made chrome top caps that replaced the body color top caps, for an all chrome front bumper appearance. Have you seen photos of that mod?

LMC truck had some a while back, haven't seen them recently though.

**edit**

They still have them.

0012.jpg

Last edited: