LED brake bulbs causing electrical issues... Help!

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
So here's the background:

I got clear tail lights, so I put in cree5W red leds to run with them, now I've noticed that I have some electrical issues when I apply the brakes.

I have the same bulbs in my reverse lights in white, and red in the rear turn signals, I have the stock flasher modified to work with leds, which has been working perfectly fine for about 6 months already, no blown fuses anywhere either.

With the running lights off, in drl mode basically, when I press the brakes in the day, it turns on all the dash lights at half power. If I turn on my parking lights and fog lights in the day, and press and hold the brakes, and then turn off the parking lights, there's enough power flowing through the system, that the bcm keeps the fogs on until I release the brakes.

I also get terrible static through my fm radio whenever I activate the brakes, to the point where I cannot listen to the radio when driving in town.

I assume it just simple case of too little load, but I wouldn't think the brakes would back feed that much power to turn on all the dash lights. Maybe a bad ground, anybody know where I should start?

Has anybody had this problem, or heard anything like this before, and a solution for it?