Leatherique-leather cleaner review

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Brett making his thread reminded me of mine on fgtgmfs

There are very few pics and limited info on the 2 step process along with before and after photos of this product being used. I will be doing a before/after detail this evening when it cools down a bit. Hope this will help anyone thinking about purchasing this. I bought it after many recommendations from several forums and online reviews, but never got around to using it. And I am by no means a detailer, matter of fact, Big Ben is lending a hand to school me on detailing my truck soon.

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

AFTER OIL:
IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

My only mistake was not getting the driver side. I thought I had one, but was mistaken. It looked about the same as the oiled pic, just not as dark of course. The oil brings out all cracks and crevices made.

Finished:
IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766-1.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768-1.jpg

IMG_0769-1.jpg

IMG_0770-1.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

I want to take photos tomorrow after it sits for a while. I've read that it continues to rejuvenate after a couple days or so. I believe that the seats were still a bit wet, so that is why you still see the cracks so much. If not, then it us just dirt I failed to get out somehow as my seats weren't that dark in the cracked areas before the treatment.

IMG_0764.jpg

Only half the photo came out for some reason. POS camera!

I used a sprayer to spray and rub in the cleaner by hand, I let it set for 10-15 minutes or so while I was doing the other seats. Once it had sat I took a warm, damp MF towler and massaged the cleaner into the cracks. I wiped it down, rinsed, and repeated several times until it felt clean. I moved on to the other seats and repeated steps. Once all the oil was cleaned off I switched to a clean MF towel, and rinsed one last time. After I felt it was as cleans as my patience could take I used one last MF towel to "buff" the seats

Last edited:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I did, all that matters. Feel free to "google" leatherique and read all the forums with reviews compared to other product, make a decision for yourself.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Rob@GGD and others liked it, so after reading many forums, I went with it.

Leather [Archive] - Chevy Tahoe Forum | GMC Yukon Forum | Tahoe Z71 | Cadillac Escalade - Tahoe Yukon Forum

BE SURE TO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF.

Just giving my results, it made my leather more "soft" and supple feeling, it was in good shape when I bought the truck, but after using this, there was a TON of dirt that was brought to the surface. As you can see in the pics where the stuff is sitting on the seats.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I bought it on amazon for $90 shipped

Amazon.com: Leatherique 32oz. Kit: Automotive

Just like this one, if you look in the pic, you will see how much I used, and I went overboard, by about double to be super honest, but I didn't know how well the previous owner took care of the leather, it looked good when I bought it, pretty mint except for normal edge cracking, but a SHIT TON of dirt came up. Definitely not the cheapest on the on the market, but you get a shit ton. And once treated, it lasts a while, unless you are a disgusting person...

SMiGGs

El Super Mod
Feb 3, 2011
100 dollars for leather products, you could have bought katskinz lol JK, I can tell a difference the leather looks richer in color.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Never used adams, and with how long these two bottles last (expensive in the beginning, but way bigger bottles, comes with shit, and one shipping charge compared to multiples) I won't be ordering shit for a while. But when this does run out, I would love to try Adams. I just saw so many great reviews on higher end vehicles, and it was better than lexol for sure.