slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Well, this weekend i took off the spot lights and raised the bumper a bit to close the body gap. Now I have to wait until paycheck time to orderer a new upper bumper pad. To compensate for taking off my spot lights, I installed HID's in the highbeams... oh man they do more than compensate :bananamario:

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Sneaky peak, gotta love that cutoff and color band
aee2c985-a6df-86bd.jpg

aee2c985-a6f3-59cf.jpg

And the best part, dem nails' were free!
Sent from my DROID2

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
Looks great man, Denali's are hands down the best light upgrade on these trucks, I love mine with 6k hids in them. And I would shy away from the painted front bumper because it will get rock chips in it fast and then you will have to touch them up or get it repainted later.

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Looks great man, Denali's are hands down the best light upgrade on these trucks, I love mine with 6k hids in them. And I would shy away from the painted front bumper because it will get rock chips in it fast and then you will have to touch them up or get it repainted later.

Ah yeah i didn't even think of that but they weren't really a feasible option at almsot 400 a piece gotta save for next year's tuition :yuno:

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Bump boys! got my second esky handle today

picture.php

Its used has like 2 micro chips and some surface scratches but for 28 bucks on my well used truck its perfect.

Spent a totalt of $41 on my esky handles got a brand new passenger side for 13 bucks shipped and my used driver side for 28 bucks shipped. Both off eBay but took 3 months of searching and waiting to get. Now im not sure if I want completely painted tailgate bezel and handle or just a painted bezel and chrome handle to match the esky's? Opinions?

Ill get some pics up of the front end this weekend with no off road lights, Denali projectors and a new bumper cap, that had to be modified to fit... stupid automotive aftermarket.

Kinda got set back this weekend, had to buy 2 new u joints for my truck but oh well whatever it takes to keep the wheels turning!

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Painted bezel and chrome handle, looks funny if you do full painted with the esky ones. :imo:

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Oh and I'm sure Ole Red won't mind I steal this.

RedXray said:
UPDATE: When I changed internet providers the original photos were lost.
I reenacted the install and took the photos when I replaced the OEM door speakers...
a how to sticky ain't worth much without photos IMO.

For those that haven't done there handles or removed the door panel...

Nothing to it... about 30min for each side.

This is for the models without power windows or locks but most info is the same
except for unplugging the window and lock electrical plugs.

Basic tools needed: GM window handle clip removing tool, 10mm & 7mm socket,
10mm wrench, flat screwdriver.

Handle1.jpg

After you remove the window handle just push the clip back on and the handle is ready to pop back on and you won't loose the clip.

Panel1.jpg

There are three 7mm screws, one under the lock, grab handle and lower bottom of panel.

Pry off the mirror access panel

Now the door panel is ready to remove. JUST LIFT UP TO REMOVE don't pry out like older cars or you'll brake off the plastic retaining hooks.

Panel2.jpg

There are two access holes for two of three 10mm handle bolts.

Handle2.jpg

Reach inside the panel with a 10mm wrench to remove the 3rd bolt

Handle3.jpg

Handle4.jpg

Handle5.jpg

Handle6.jpg

Handle7.jpg

Handle8.jpg

Now just reverse the same steps to finish up and don't forget the
lock cylinder clip and test the lock before you replace the interior panel...
and be sure to clock the interiors window handle in the same position as the other side (2:00 clock)

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Thanks tony :shake: Ive pulled door pannel before to replace speakers then to replace broken, rattling speaker brackets but i never had looked at the handles.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
LGB... I'm just finishing painting my copper handle, in 2 weeks I'll be making a more thorough how-to on how to replace NBS handles... video and all... GoBro ftw lol.

I wish I could have gotten a deal like that on my handles... but all my parts are OEM, so there is a trade off :imo: