Le Cobra and Le GT **pic heavy

Small update. Ever since I bought the cobra, it's had this weird fluttering, BOV kinda sound. It got worse recently and I decided it was from the passenger side manifold to midpipe junction.

Now, Ford decided to do a ball and socket flange on the drivers side. I love these, no gaskets, no leaks. But on the pass side, its flat with a gasket for clearance for the starter and K-member.

Here's what I found when I got it out.
ara5u8e2.jpg

Looks fine IMFO :rofl:

So I throw the new one in. Problem solved. What complicated it, and caused me 30 min of wrestling and banging to get the midpipe to droop enough, and 45 min to get it back into place was the exhaust system itself.

Look at this bastard ass, hack exhaust. I want the PO and exhaust guy's heads on a platter :mad: IT'S ALL WELDED TOGETHER. ONE PIECE FROM THE MANIFOLDS TO THE TAILPIPES!!!
ajebu7a4.jpg

y6e3ajus.jpg

Not to mention this bastardized crossmember hanger.
abusabe3.jpg

It's been hacked up at least 3 different times and the X is designed for a fox, not this car. Soooo, in the near future I will be ordering a new X (not sure what brand yet, thinking UPR cuz it's cheap and good quality) and a Magnaflow Magnapack catback.
Sent from Tapatwat

Oh, and look how low it hangs. I can literally put my whole arm between the exhaust and the foorpan. I scrape EVERYWHERE. So the new shit will get tucked really high
yja7a4yv.jpg

Sent from Tapatwat

Yeah, it sucked ass big time. But now the car's nice and quiet, it's sooo weird lol. I don't know whose stupid ass thought it was a good idea to weld all the exhaust together. It's supposed to be 3 pieces, manifolds, midpipe, and catback. If I wanted to drop the trans, I'd have to cut it all up. Again. Not that it could get any worse.....:fp:

Swapped in my ultra clear corners from the yellow car to see what it'd look like on the Cobra. Obviously I'd buy some without the orange reflectors (hate them on the yellow car too, wasn't aware they were gonna be in there when I ordered them :nono:), but idk if I wanna go with all ultra clear lights up front or a VERY lightly smoked set....fogs will get replaced at the same time, and will be going with some 18" chrome '03 cobra wheels later this year/early next year....I'm leaning toward the ultra clears, so which direction do y'all think I should go?

Here's another ultra clear shot without the orange dots

Other options, black beauties that are black surround, clear lens, chrome reflector

Smoked lens, chrome reflectors

And the rimps I'll be going with

I wouldn't mine the clear with the amber if it was the shape of the light on that side, its the circle that makes it look dumb.

Are you going with the same size wheels all around or going 10.5-11 out back with some 315s? Buddy used to have an 03 Cobra and he did 11/315 out back and had to trim all kind of shit, are the straight axle cars the same?

All clear fasho..love termi wheels on that body style, great choice of wheels
Yup, after running the clear corners all day, I'm going all clear. I love these wheels too, not to mention it'll be kinda like the OEM+ look we like so much with these trucks. Although, today my buddy's got me considering the OEM satin/machined style finish as well....I don't fucking know, I'm so indecisive on wheels. Good thing it'll be a little while till I buy them

Are you going with the same size wheels all around or going 10.5-11 out back with some 315s? Buddy used to have an 03 Cobra and he did 11/315 out back and had to trim all kind of shit, are the straight axle cars the same?
These AFS reps I'm going with are x9 up front and 10.5 out back. Haven't decided on size or particular tire yet but definitely either 295/305/315 out back. Obviously the wider the better, but depends on what tire I decide on. I like Nitto INVOs but they only go to a 295 so idk yet. IRS cars have a little more issue clearance wise with the suspension, but the new edge fenders are slightly larger. I'll havta roll my fenders, remove my quad shocks, and beat in the inner fender for sure. Will also be getting some weight jacker rear LCAs so I'll be able to adjust the spring perch up or down to change appearance/clearance. Will probably pull the rear fenders out a touch and add a panhard bar later down the road for a little extra piece of mind.

the pic with the weird hood, those headlights and match the other lights and WIN
This one? That's the hood I'll run down the road btw. I've decided I'm gonna run all clears, his car pulls those off so good cuz he's got more dark accents and gold wheels on it.

Better pic of his car