Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Was talking to Brandon earlier and realized I haven't done a thread for either one of my current Mustangs. Not a GM product, but it's nice to change it up from time to time, plus CGM is my home (forum speaking) so here ya go.

Had a red '05 Z71, miss the hell outta this truck and wish I hadn't traded it in. Traded the truck for an '11 Mustang GT with the Coyote motor 6mt. Shouldn't have even bothered, only kept it for 5 months. Sold that to get back into my favorite generation mustang, the 94-98. Found a yellow '95 GT in Tennessee, so I drive up there with my dad to get it.

It was definitely ugly, but a solid, 2 owner car. 167k miles, 5.0 5-speed 2.73 rear Canary Yellow/black cloth. Stock other than the ugly wheels/wing and some hack "dual exhaust".
Day I bought her

First round of mods. De-ugly'ing her, went to Mustang Parts Salvage that's local to me and got some wheels/tires to get me by, interior pieces to replace some worn out ones, black mirrors, and some other odds and ends.

Grabbed some wheels/tires off a buddy for a steal so slapped them on there. 18x9/10 chrome FR500s. Gonna plasti-dip the centers anthracite. Also got some new lights and HIDs, put on the black mirrors and wing.

2 weeks ago, dad backed into the door/quarter with his service body work truck. Gonna need both the door and the quarter replaced for sure.

And here's my old yellow '94. Built it in college, then sold it for the truck. This is the direction we're going for with this car, but even more mods/better stuff.

Since I've bought my '97 Cobra, I gave this to my dad to be our project.

This will be a slow build, but plans for the yellow car are:
-New clutch cable/quadrant/firewall adjuster (in the garage, ready to go in)
-New clutch (also in the garage)
-New fluids in trans/rear end
-Hurst shifter with the old school chrome stick and T-grip handle
-3.73 gears with rebuilt Trak Lok
-New quarter/door/Cobra front bumper/some kind of cowl hood/Saleen S281 wing. All yellow of course
-either some Corbeau seats or grab some new edge (99-04 mustang) seat frames and order the Mach 1 foam/upholstery from TMI (awesome company btw, check em out)
-~1.5" drop all around (not sure what springs yet) with KYB AGX shocks/struts
-03/04 Cobra control arms (decrease turning radius, added caster)
-weight jacker rear LCAs/some kind of rear UCAs
-eventually N/A 331 stroker with a big cam, built either T-5 or Tremec 3650 (Mach 1 trans)
-custom sound system/tint/little odds and ends etc as money allows.

MY new toy is a '97 Crystal White/black leather 4.6 DOHC T-45 4.10 rear gear Cobra. Ran down to McDonough (were Summit Racing is, 1.5hr drive) to pick her up. 111k miles.
Current mods are:
-4.10 gears
-rebuilt trans
-~2" FRPP either "B" or "C" springs on worn out shocks/struts
-hacked up ORX, flows out the back with stock tailpipes. It's ALL WELDED TOGETHER INTO ONE PEICE :nono:
-6000k HIDs
-some stickers
-tint that needs to be re-done
-18x9.5 2000 Cobra R wheels with some 245/45/18 (too skinny) General tires up front and 285/35/18 Nitto NT05s out back.

The day I picked her up

Then I thought the rear end blew up on me. Turns out, ALL the ring gear bolts had started backing themselves out, 3 were already in the bottom of the housing and I managed to kick one out and it got caught in the teeth. Crunched 3 pinion teeth pretty good, but I bough all new Ford bolts and locktited them, cleaned out all the metal, put in new fluid and buttoned her back up. She's fine for now till I can afford to get the whole thing re-built.

Did a little photo shoot at work (I've removed the upper and lower isolators on the front springs since these, she sits 3/8" lower now)

Couple vids

Mine and a buddy's '97 at work

Did some general clean up and painting on the under side

White walls lol

HIDs

Newest mods, bumper numbers (#1844 of 6961 built in '97)

Rear bumper letters, Ford emblem overlay that says "Fast" in the same script, WHTVENM vanity plate

Plans for this one are:
-03/04 Cobra controls arms (already have them)
-Tokico D-spec shocks/struts (adjustable, ordering tonight)
-sequential tail lights/full LEDs
-Foxbody GT fog lights custom mounted
-2000 Cobra R style hood
-either Saleen or 03 Cobra 18x9/10 wheels with 255/305 or 315s
-weight jacker rear LCAs/some kind of UCAs
-LTs, ORX, Magnapacks or SLPs
-Corbeau seats (ordering soon)
-custom sound system
-full forged Coyote with a whipple or kenne bell/T56
-and all kinds of other odds/ends

I'll update as I go obviously, lemme know what y'all think and if you've got any idears/suggestions

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
I really dig the cobra front end. Def nice in white. Wheels are played out real bad, but im sure those will chnage

Chassis looks good underneath, now get cracking under the hood

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Yeah the cobra nose is sexy on these cars. Wait'll I get the big fogs to fill up the holes in there, it'll be even better. Wheels do suck, I don't like the style and they're too skinny. Haven't decided for sure what I want, we'll see. Would LOVE to find a set of BBK RS's but they've been discontinued for years and still go for $2k-up.

Not sure what I'm gonna do about under hood. I've pretty much cleaned it up as good as it's gonna get. The factory white on these cars is known for flaking/peeling/just getting nasty and the car's been sprayed (real quick, just an "ehhh" job) before so the body looks good but the jambs/underhood are dingy as hell. I've got a couple more things I'm gonna try but it may have to stay this way till I pull the motor out.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Would daily the hell out of the white one imo..always had love for these cars, go with some termi wheels..looking good so far

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Would daily the hell out of the white one imo..always had love for these cars, go with some termi wheels..looking good so far

That's what I'm leaning toward right now. AFS 18x9/10 Termi reps, don't know if I want chrome or the OEM satin finish. The satins have been out of stock forever tho, so I'll probably end up with chrome

Get some of the Carroll Shelby wheels for it. They seem to have some nice styles that are less common.

I love some of those wheels, but they're the wrong offset and backspacing for these cars. They're for the 05+ S197s. Thought about getting a set of the 18" old school Mag 500 reps. Maybe for the yellow car :hmm:

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
supercharger :read:

In time my son, in time.

In other news, got my Redline Tuning hood struts and Tokico D-spec 7.5 way adjustable shocks/struts for the Cobra. Got the struts/shocks in after work tonight, soooooooo much better now. Car had blown out stockers before, now she's so smooth and planted and just soaks up the bumps. Can't wait for the roadtrip to my grandparents through the mtns this weekend :driver:

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Installed my Redline Tuning hood strut kit to get rid of that stupid prop rod Ford refuses to get rid of.

Soooo much better, but was nerve racking as hell drilling the inner hood structure for the rivets for the brackets.
dena2ura.jpg

ny3eja9a.jpg

Sent from Tapatwat

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I almost moved to the city you bought the car in. It looks like such a beautiful place. Really nice houses for cheap there. I still regret it, it could have been a good experience, but my wife got a great job offer here so she took it, and that was that. If we could relocate we would give it a try.

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
reminds me of my buddies' cobra.
creepin in the corner
25232_386230519317_336290119317_3710937_1814334_n.jpg
Is that a '95 Cobra R with the 351? They didn't make many Cobras with the saddle interior that weren't Rs

I almost moved to the city you bought the car in. It looks like such a beautiful place. Really nice houses for cheap there. I still regret it, it could have been a good experience, but my wife got a great job offer here so she took it, and that was that. If we could relocate we would give it a try.
Meh, it's ok. Has some nice areas, but the south side of ATL is pretty hit or miss. Tony's area is nicer

ok yes...

on topic, the car is coming together great! Love the hood struts
:beer: Thanks!

doing something right when hoodstruts look sexay :lol:

always loved this interior when i saw it:

DSC_3292edit.jpg

Same here, JBs car is still a huge inspiration. After my mom bought her white/red interior charger tho, been thinking I may go like an oxblood red inside later down the road. Here's her car

Picked up some '03 Mach 1 seats and a harness bar today. Found 'em on CL yesterday and jumped on 'em cuz my stock leather seats were so broke down I sat crooked toward the door :fp: Guy was asking $450 for the seats and $150 for the bar. Got both for $450 cuz the driver's seat was worn more than I thought :pepper: Still not a bad deal. I'll either go with Corbeaus (my original choice) later down the road or just get new TMI foam/covers for these. They're very comfortable and supportive.

The harness bar, it just bolts in using the upper seat belt bolts. I'll bolt it in this week and see, but I think me and dad are gonna add some kicker braces down to the lower seatbelt mounts and add some better harness tabs. I only plan on AutoX/open track/maybe test and tune drags, nothing serious so this'll be fine for me. It'll get re-powdered red to keep with the red/white theme

The seats. They're "dark charcoal" instead of black but they're barely a couple shades off so I'm gonna leave 'em alone instead of trying to dye them