CRU65

Derpamax Driver
Nov 30, 2012
Manitoba
Well I've been a member of this site for awhile but never got around to posting my build thread up here, this is a copy paste from a couple other sites I''m on aswell.

Today I picked up this mint 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. I've been wanting a duramax for years now and finally decided to pull the trigger. This was the cleanest one that I could find in Manitoba and I can't wait to start building it.

During Winter:

The list of plans so far includes

Exterior:
Change back to the stock hood (Still debating this one)
Rip off the tube steps(Done)
Level (Done)
Paint lower valance and bumper cap black
Paint flares black
Esky handles(Done)
Debadge(Done)
Clear corners
Tint (any suggestions??)
LED changeover (Done)
8 HI Mod(Done)
20"-30" Led lightbar(Done)
Cognito 4-6 lift
Cognito UCAs (Here)
Tie Rod Sleeves (Here)
Trac Bars
Gear Alloy 726C
Amp Steps

Engine/Trans:
Twin turbos (hopefully not to far away, just saving up for them)
Built trans (with twins, suggestions welcome)
Larger injectors
Lift pump
EGR (Done)
PCV reroute(Done)
EFI Live tuning(Done)
Exhaust (Done)
Intake (Done)

Audio/Interior:
Appradio 2 (Done)
LED changeover (Partially Done)
Backup camera
DSP5 "lighter" switch (Done)

Also with the weather clearing up here in Canada I can finally start working a bit more on the truck. Ordered Cognito upper control arms and some tie rod sleeves, I've also been collecting parts over the winter and have some esky handles to be put on, leds and switchbacks, also will finally be doing the 8hi mod and removing drls.

As of today:

Well today was a nice day to work and cleanup the truck a bit. I got the esky handles put on, did the switchbacks and removed the drls in place of another set of switchbacks. Also picked up a billet filter head screw as the plastic one stripped after I changed the filter last summer, and threw on merchants filter head spacer as well.

Hopefully pretty soon I'll have some time to install the Cognito uppers and throw on the tie rod sleeves but I did get the ucas assembled ready to be put on.

Don't think I've mentioned it yet in this thread but I've been running EFI Live from Kory Willis and that has been the best thing I've done to the truck so far.

Pic of how it sits now right before being cleaned.

Last edited:

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Coming along nicely..please please dont mount the light bar on the roof!

Plans sound good

CRU65

Derpamax Driver
Nov 30, 2012
Manitoba
Coming along nicely..please please dont mount the light bar on the roof!

Plans sound good

Lol that would never happen, I've got to find a clean spot on the front to put it, behind the grill is okay but I'm thinking possibly in the two holes on the bumper.

iTzTy

Oh.
Oct 5, 2013
WV
Truck looks really clean, and the plans sound good.
Only suggestions are 5% tint, and when you take off flares, leave them off.
I actually like the hood.

CRU65

Derpamax Driver
Nov 30, 2012
Manitoba
Truck looks really clean, and the plans sound good.
Only suggestions are 5% tint, and when you take off flares, leave them off.
I actually like the hood.

I would take the flares off and get wheels with a good offset, but cops in my area are crazy about any little amount sticking out past the fender, not sure if its worth the hassle since its a daily.

Hate you for having a sunroof.

Plans sound good!

Love the sunroof, never really see too many so it was a nice bonus.

It's like my old crew cabs big brother, love the black/tan combo. Looks good and plans sound good

yay for more lbz trucks ... welcome and yeah great looking truck

Thanks!

CRU65

Derpamax Driver
Nov 30, 2012
Manitoba
aguve6at.jpg

Quick pic of how the truck sits to date, thinking about getting forces when the lift comes.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

ITGuy

SnowSnowSnowSnowSnow.....
Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
Remove flares... and be prepared to see possible breaches in fender paint, rust, cracking and peeling.
Mine were terrible.. glad I removed them. Maybe previous owner was good about washing them out?

CRU65

Derpamax Driver
Nov 30, 2012
Manitoba
Remove flares... and be prepared to see possible breaches in fender paint, rust, cracking and peeling.
Mine were terrible.. glad I removed them. Maybe previous owner was good about washing them out?

good flare habits help. i pull mine off once a year to clean behind them.

good amount of shit gets stuck back there.

Yeah I have yet to pull them, a little worried but there is little to no surface rust on the whole truck so I have high hopes.

if your truck gets stolen anytime soon, just saying now it wasn't me. :secret:

:secret:

did you plasti dip your bumper ?

I did, I wanted to see if I liked the all black bumper and was going to vinyl wrap the chrome if I did, but I'm going to keep it chrome and just raise the front bumper with a 1500 cap and colormatch the plastics.

CRU65

Derpamax Driver
Nov 30, 2012
Manitoba
So ever since I've had my truck I've noticed a severe lack of light while backing up at night, when I switched to leds it became almost unbearable as the beam projected forward instead of scattering. I decided to fix this problem by adding some led cubes with a flood pattern to get some more light. Here's a daytime pick of right after I installed them, and I'm going to get a nighttime pic on my way to work in the morning.

e6ytenuq.jpg

I also added a 30" light bar hidden behind my grill for driving at night to my cabin and around my house with all of the deer we have running around. I think the bar looks pretty good behind the grill and was the cleanest way I could think of mounting it on an nbs chevy. Nighttime pics to come.

egabuqy7.jpg

TILLER

Aug 28, 2012
Hallsville Tx
Looks good man, I need to do the cubes on mine. It's so nice to see when backing up without having to roll the window down

CRU65

Derpamax Driver
Nov 30, 2012
Manitoba
Looks good man, I need to do the cubes on mine. It's so nice to see when backing up without having to roll the window down
Thanks man! I can't wait to test this with a trailer at night, before it was the worst to try and line up properly.

CRU65

Derpamax Driver
Nov 30, 2012
Manitoba
Little update to the truck, last week someone tried to steal my led cube reverse lights. I bolted those things down tight and they couldn't get them so they decided to take my stock tail lights instead. Needless to say I was fucking pissed, and I'm fairly certain I know who did so that's being dealt with later.

I ordered some new Sierra tail lights as I like them better than the Silverado style. I'll probably candy them as I think that looks the best out of all stock lights

ha5amu5y.jpg

I also finally got my eraser wheel after being backordered for 2 months, I debadged the doors and left just the duramax emblem. I'm thinking about ordering some of the new duramax emblems to freshen up the look a bit.

Also starting to gather parts for the front end swap :secret:

CRU65

Derpamax Driver
Nov 30, 2012
Manitoba
Today I ordered an electric cutout for my exhaust, hopefully this will help the truck breathe a bit better on the road and lower the egts even more. I think the MBRP exhaust I have now sounds good but I rather keep a muffler and have a way to open it up sometimes. Also thinking about a 7-8" tip dumped over the axle, right now it comes out past the rear tire and hangs pretty low.