Laser Blue Metallic Build - 2011 1500 4x4

Hey all,

It's been a while since I last posted, I've been busy with life, and with the truck! Big things up and coming, but to start:

I de-molded…and I am so happy with how it came out. I had originally planned on de-badging as well but I ran out of time…and I am sort of happy that I did. I'm really satisfied with how it looks right now. I also removed the lower air dam and don't know why it has taken me this long to do it. I also put on some chrome tow hooks that looks really nice (as I will have the lower valance eventually color matched), and it is currently sitting with the stock mirrors on because my tow mirrors are getting dropped off at the body shop to get painted tomorrow! Here are some pics. I've got a lot more in the works…I'll keep you guys updated.

looking good bro, hopefully the plans include going up to 6" and chrome 20x10s on current tires

Thanks man!

Haha okay I can't resist…first and foremost -- I'm ordering gears tomorrow, (Yukon 4.11), and then an Autocal from Justin at BBP along with some Doug Thorley Tri-Ys early next week. Also will match my tint eventually.

Then a 1.5" Level from TGC, nor cal fender mod, and I'm thinking 20x10 Chrome Fuel Kranks with the -24 offset and 295 60 20 Toyo MTs. Do you think I can make that set up work?

Another cheap-o rendering I made on PowerPoint. I also want to clear the headlights but I'm too much of a scaredey cat.

Last edited:
295/60R20 is a 34x11.5 so I would thing you would be good but don't quote me, :shake: Kranks are one of my favorite wheels

Been a while since I have updated. I've posted around the forum of my progress but never got around to my build thread.

This was a big summer for me. I started off with a rcx 1.25" body lift, 1.5 TGC leveling kit, chrome tow hooks, and color matched mirrors.

Then I swapped out the old shocks that came with the BDS lift that were rotting away and replaced with some Bilstein 5100s, swapped the 3.08s to Yukon 4.11s, added Doug Thorley Tri Y long tubes, mag-hytec dif cover, and got a blackbear tune. Also went back to a single out with a 6" tip.

Then I got these

Also got front valance color matched

Love the new set up

Last edited:
I've still got some goodies on my list. I just bought 4 digi diodes to put where the fog lights go, I bought the bracket from rigid industries. I think they'll go well with the 20" SR2.

I have a HD hood in my garage that I bought for 200 bucks from a collision company, although it is hood only, no plastics, molding, anything. So eventually I will do the hood/grille, and I'm thinking I want to clean up the look a little so I'm leaning towards a chrome billet to go with it. Then I want to swap the black cab lights for clear ones, swap the black LED tails for red, and do something different with the third brake light. I'm thinking either clear or red…haven't decided.

Cleared headlights are on the list, as well as some powder coating…I'm trying to find something that will be close to color match so I can do skid plate, etc.
I would eventually like to put leather in it, and do something different with the stereo, but for now the bose does me good.

I'll keep you guys posted, but with school now in session and being 400 miles away from home truck time will be scarce :(

Small progress...waiting for summer to really dive into this thing.

Color matched rear bumper plastics
back to stock tails
Clear cab lights with white light

Have a 11-14 HD hood ready to be painted, that will be first mod to be completed when I return home (along with the grille and CM bow tie, debating to leave the mesh black, go billet chrome, or possible cm mesh, thoughts?)

Want to clear the headlights and run switchbacks w/ HIDs...for those of you running switchbacks what is the appropriate color to get the lights to match - 5k, 6k? The pic is really deceiving the headlights look like they match the cab lights but they aren't even close.

Have a few more things I would like color matched (xm antenna, get rid of the wing on the tailgate and get the smooth one and also CM)
I would like to think I am close to done with the exterior..might do an LML bumper if I can find one for a good price.

Currently debating between a cam/stall or katskinz, touch screen, and JL stealth box to go under my center console (because I like the rear seat storage).

Here are the pics

Last edited: