Kyle's 2007 Sierra 2500 LBZ build

I cleared my denali headlights, there's a how to by Budd on gmfs somewhere, but you have to cut them open because they use permaseal. The reflector is siliconed to the lens as mentioned above. What I would suggest is take them apart, and paint the reflector and see if you like it. I think on greystone it would look clean, but the denali's look good without the reflector too, since there's just one small hole behind it.

Why not check out kryptonite ucas? I like these a lot more than my cognito ucas.

I''l check them out too, I'm a noob when it comes to suspension and lifts lol

I cleared my denali headlights, there's a how to by Budd on gmfs somewhere, but you have to cut them open because they use permaseal. The reflector is siliconed to the lens as mentioned above. What I would suggest is take them apart, and paint the reflector and see if you like it. I think on greystone it would look clean, but the denali's look good without the reflector too, since there's just one small hole behind it.

Yours are OEM though right? Wonder if these aftermarkets are held together by permaseal. I think the color matched reflector would tie in nicely with everything else.

Cutting open my denali headlights were just a huge PITA. I will never do a set along with nnbs lights. I think just clear them since the reflector piece has to be cut off iirc. How mine came out cleared.

Colormatched would look awesome but would hate to goober it up by having to re attach the reflector to the lense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's actually :notbad: Never seent up close of denalis without the reflector. The regular lights look retarded without it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cutting open my denali headlights were just a huge PITA. I will never do a set along with nnbs lights. I think just clear them since the reflector piece has to be cut off iirc. How mine came out cleared.

Nnbs lights are easy af btw I've done like 4 sets now lol

Nnbs heads are easier than the Denali heads IMO. Denalis are such a PITA. But not terrible

That's actually :notbad: Never seent up close of denalis without the reflector. The regular lights look retarded without it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I actually liked them when I cleared the regular set. I just thought it was stupid the low beam lens wasn't "clear".

another close up

Also I'm really close to buying a 4-6 Cognito. But not sure where to buy it from? norcal truck is where I roughly priced everything out. And I want to put cognito uca's on also, whats the pros and cons of the uniball uca compared to the ball joint one?

I was just looking at the Cognito lifts as well for shits and gigs and was just thinking do you need to order new uca's also or will the stock ones work with the lift?

That looks good. Hopefully mine show up today.

I was just looking at the Cognito lifts as well for shits and gigs and was just thinking do you need to order new uca's also or will the stock ones work with the lift?

You don't have to, but they recommend it if you set it at 5 or 6.

Also I'm really close to buying a 4-6 Cognito. But not sure where to buy it from? norcal truck is where I roughly priced everything out. And I want to put cognito uca's on also, whats the pros and cons of the uniball uca compared to the ball joint one?

Gimmeh part #s.

I have OEM Denali style headlights on their way, the question is should I just clear them and remove reflector all together, or have the reflector color matched? I'll be having the GMC emblem done and possibly the bumper plastics matched also.

I would get Ball Joints. Uniball are stronger and can provide more travel however, I'm not sure it's necessary on trucks that aren't perpetually beat on. Also, uniballs don't like salt/winter as they rust out.

That looks good. Hopefully mine show up today.

You don't have to, but they recommend it if you set it at 5 or 6.

Are the angles very bad if you set it at 4? I'm just curious. Sometime I'd like to get the ntbd lift and I would more than likely do the control arms anyhow.

Are the angles very bad if you set it at 4? I'm just curious. Sometime I'd like to get the ntbd lift and I would more than likely do the control arms anyhow.

I Don't Think so. Wickedmeyem has the kit and iirc his angles are flat set at 4.

Showed up just in time during my lunch to throw one in

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Yes I have OEM lights, From what I've seen most all aftermarket lights can come apart with heat and prying.

From what I've heard, uniballs are NOT good on daily driver's, they squeak, they need lubrication and to be kept free of dirt and debris. Balljoints are much more driver friendly. My cousin has a 4-6 ntbd on his '08 with the cognito uppers, I wouldn't say they are necessary, just help since they have a different ball joint angle.