slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Jelly of the shifter set up I had contacted that YouTube guy when he was still in preproduction just messing around and was gonna be the one of the first to buy that kit before buck tooth Betty bit the dust! So your still using the burst base with the new custom lever and knob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Yeah it's the core shifter base and then his linkage and mounting setup with a gen5 Camaro knob. Not really a complaint but I've had to tighten up the bolts for it once since I've put it on. Nothing crazy, it just got a little bit of slop in it after beating on it. I'm not easy on this setup at all lol.

Speaking of, kind of a dull kill story but it's a kill nonetheless. Coming home from work the other night, I got on the highway and I see some kind of truck getting on behind me with hid heads and fogs. So I hang in the right lane at about 65 until he gets close to me and matches my speed. It's a nnbs ccsb leveled on 20s with what seemed like only a Gibson exhaust. I shift from 5th to 4th and see him kind of look like he's gonna go for it, so I get into 3rd and mat the fucker. Pulled over a truck length on him by 4th and let off.

He gets next to me again and I stay in 3rd which is like 4k rpm at 65ish. I motion for him to take the hit, which he does. I let him pull a truck length ahead and then give him the business. Stayed in 3rd til 6500, shifted out of 4th over 100 and about 4-5 lengths ahead. Kinda knew how it was gonna be being a stock ccsb, but still fun nonetheless. He didn't want to talk after we got off the exit though, wonder why :rofl:

It's surprising, I can't get many people to try and play around on the highway. I'd like to mess with some faster stuff and see how I stack up.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Well just at one year since the 370 got fired up and completed. About 7000 miles since then and I really have to say, it's so much fuckin fun. Yeah it could make more, I could've done a square port L92 top end, bigger cam, holly intake, etc. But I enjoy it how it is. I literally beat the shit out of it and it keeps on going and it gets 16.5 mpg no matter what you do with it. It leaks a little bit of oil and coolant but nothing alarming. It's a rusty piece of shit that needs tons of body work but damn it I love it how it is now especially with the new shifter setup. I'd love for the seats to be like my 13 WRX, where they just hold you in. Might have to do something about that at some point. More or less just posting to say that after a year of WOT and abuse, it's fine and healthy and still moves lol. Need to have my buddy take some burnout vids soon.

And because posts are useless without pics, here's the catch can dump after 3k miles.

065750f672bc35d1f2acc779c5754713.jpg

Not terrible imo.

Next I need to fuckin stop being lazy and do the interior, new speakers, and a whole lot of other shit but we all know how I am with getting shit done :rofl:

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Yeah mine are just plain manual seats. I'd like to find 99-02 leather with arm rests so I can run power and not deal with the bcm. But also want something that is more like my WRX seats

Kkirwan71

the other delaware guy
Aug 2, 2015
Well just at one year since the 370 got fired up and completed. About 7000 miles since then and I really have to say, it's so much fuckin fun. Yeah it could make more, I could've done a square port L92 top end, bigger cam, holly intake, etc. But I enjoy it how it is. I literally beat the shit out of it and it keeps on going and it gets 16.5 mpg no matter what you do with it. It leaks a little bit of oil and coolant but nothing alarming. It's a rusty piece of shit that needs tons of body work but damn it I love it how it is now especially with the new shifter setup. I'd love for the seats to be like my 13 WRX, where they just hold you in. Might have to do something about that at some point. More or less just posting to say that after a year of WOT and abuse, it's fine and healthy and still moves lol. Need to have my buddy take some burnout vids soon.

And because posts are useless without pics, here's the catch can dump after 3k miles.

065750f672bc35d1f2acc779c5754713.jpg

Not terrible imo.

Next I need to fuckin stop being lazy and do the interior, new speakers, and a whole lot of other shit but we all know how I am with getting shit done :rofl:
Like rear bumper plastics :cheeky:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Still a rust bucket.

Still no bumper plastics.

Great, now that that's out of the way... :cheeky:

The trucks been going into REP pretty regularly while throwing a code for the TAC Module. Gonna get a new one ordered up and hope that rectifies the issue.

Just rolled 135k miles, not bad for an 04. Got it Nov 2011 with 82k so I really haven't put much on it at all.

Still pulls like a mildly built truck, so that's a plus.

That's all for now!

Old picture but it looked alright in it so that's what you all get :rofl:
3ba9436be7a91e9e1c497431844b9bec.jpg

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Yearly ish update.

Fixed the reduced engine power issue but cleaning up all my grounds everywhere. Not surprisingly, my voltage improved as well.

Then the truck started surging while driving, and it would shut off and just crank without restarting. So we pulled the bed and replaced the fuel pump, thinking that would solve it. But of course it didn't, it still does the same exact thing.

28ade66ccf4eaaeb4ddd92ddf457fa98.jpg
07c68358902ff35100b3bd60ef0bdf70.jpg
fbf0d339902f88315d634116fab7389d.jpg
94196d4004d10ab039ccf9fed4ad3506.jpg
8cd1f7ddcf6fcc0541831787c23c1bd8.jpg
8910c9429262d1be0867d19401ade8c2.jpg
c9b121821ae47e49b52fdc319ea2e70b.jpg

So I've gone through and tested a lot of the electrical components just to rule them out. The injectors ohm out fine, with and without adapters, they're getting the proper voltage with and without adapters, the ECT sensor ohms out fine cold and hot, the maf is working properly, TB, TPS, xlink all check out. Changed the oil pressure sensor since that was being funky for a while, but that didn't make a difference which is what I expected anyway. The fuel pump is pumping fuel to the rail, at least initially. I don't have a test port but I need to figure out how to get a gauge hooked up and see if fuel pressure drops off at any point when it gets warm.

It'll run til operating temp or close to it, then shut off, then just cranks and cranks. If I let it cool, it will start again and run til it gets warm again.

Not passlock or vats related, not tune related either. I sent logs to Richard (Atomic) and he said air and spark look fine, so probably something fuel related.

Mike, Cleanoh4, is convinced it's electrical, which I think it probably is too. Something that gets hot and causes issues then cools and works. So I'm basically to the point of just going through circuits and checking everything which kinda sucks.

Oh, and put these on along with a new bumper when we had the bed off.

d540d52ac1684cce551d71e34ee88f06.jpg

Reactions: eand28 and Silver04

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
It ohm'd out good, but it's cheap enough to replace so I may just order one.

In the mean time I have the fuse block out and complete torn down and gonna clean every connection and terminal and see if that does anything
6a310412f12f98cf52dfbf56d8ac106e.jpg
21ba6f6345d50b76a153cdd899d9eb42.jpg

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
It was extremely discouraging trying some things and not fixing the issue. Just makes you want to give up and say fuck it but I'm glad I kept just checking little by little. It was an easy fix, I think I'll eventually get a new pigtail with wires and do it right but this will work for now

Reactions: Huck and Cleanoh4

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
It was extremely discouraging trying some things and not fixing the issue. Just makes you want to give up and say fuck it but I'm glad I kept just checking little by little. It was an easy fix, I think I'll eventually get a new pigtail with wires and do it right but this will work for now
Glad you got it going! And what we learned for next time, test the pigtail too! Jkjk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Khaos