Khaos' RCSB Thread

Looking good.... :thumbsup:

I was gonna ask about Carlisle. But, no sense in rushing.... Take your time after you get back and do everything right!

Yeah I would've liked to have it done, but it would be cutting it close to get it in, tuned, and broken in before making a 10 hour round trip for a weekend lol.

I bought a 370 shortblock from Thompson Motorsports, so the heads are going on that once I get them in.

i mean if your only waiting for heads the rest should be build on the stand ready to shoehorn in. might want to get a different pit crew than last time you had a garage project, those guys were bums. i mean 2 guys just held flashlights for 4 hours.

hey now. we also ate food, drank beer, and made random comments

Rofl Yeah those two didn't do shit :crazy:

I've got pretty much everything I need. I found that the oil pump pickup tube is touching the bottom of the oil pan, so I'm waiting on Mike to get me a few part numbers to compare to what I have. Other than that, just need to order new exhaust manifold gaskets and I have everything. Then after heads are here I'll measure for correct pushrod length and order those if needed.

Can't pull the motor til I get the car back though, so it probably won't be done for Carlisle. Gonna take my time when the motor is out to clean up the engine bay. I plan on doing the big 3 also and pulling the front clip since I'm doing a whole new rad anyways for efans. That'll give me a little more room to work with.

was going to give you shit. the fact that the truck is outside and washed means the motor isnt out of it yet. then you reminded me that the subie said fuck this i wanna see if anyones home.

Long update time.

Got my heads back from Advanced Inductions. The guys there did a great job. They helped me out with one exhaust manifold bolt hole that the previous owner messed up terribly. I can't even tell where the repair was made. They installed my springs and trunion upgrade while they had everything apart.

I threw the dowel pins in the block and a couple bolts in each head just to mock everything up and see how it looked.

MFHFLYK.jpg

WevxngW.jpg

SqzSaot.jpg

yQIFmaV.jpg

And a couple pics of the heads

cDoLY25.jpg

wgD0jJa.jpg

And I threw my lifters in oil since I'm probably installing them sometime over the next few days when I have time.

eXbaGwd.jpg

So what I have left to buy besides misc hardware that always seems to be needed, is the coolant crossovers for the front and rear of the heads, and that's pretty much it. I have everything else or have it on the way.

I don't want to rush anything to get it together for Carlisle, but I would like to have it ready to swap for when I get back. That way I have a few months to get bugs worked out before winter.

I still need to do some maintenance before Carlisle though. Tranny fluid, rear diff fluid, fix an exhaust leak, and route my exhaust over the axle and out the back passenger side again since the drone is terrible now with LTs and a dump at the muffler.

Then I still have a pile of parts for other projects that I can hopefully tackle this winter. Mostly interior stuff to bring that up to speed.

That's it for now. I'm getting really excited because I just wanna destroy my tires already :pepper:

Those ports :motherofgod:
I didn't ball out and get the best cnc porting available from them, but good lawd do these ports make me wish I spent more.

Next time around I will for sure.
Yes, and YES!!!!

I really wanted it to be done for Carlisle, but I don't think Dan's will be done by then either, so I'm not upset lol. It should at least sound decent for the show.