Khaos' RCSB Thread

Dropped my new valve covers off for powder after work today at 6:45. The guy ordered the powder right there while we were talking, said it'll be to his shop from Cali tomorrow morning, and he'll have them done before I'm out of work tomorrow :success:

Plus my heads arrive tomorrow, which means I can then get them shipped out to AI before the weekend hopefully.

Done yet?
Yep, powder is done :cheeky:

ut9F4Pz.jpg

Yes they are. They're slightly more silver than I wanted looking at them head on. But at an angle it is damn close to SBM, plus they'll be under the hood, so I'm happy.

Shhhhhhhh. Lol thanks man.

Good thing you can't see my driver's side rocker and cab corner. Nature made some speed holes for me :eek:kay:

All natural weight savings imo.

Still amazed that my truck is only 3/5 and sits lower than your 4/6 lol.

That's a good looking truck. Any future plans?

Sent from my ex's closet
Thanks. Currently waiting to get a set of heads back from cnc porting to put on a 370 in the garage.
All natural weight savings imo.

Still amazed that my truck is only 3/5 and sits lower than your 4/6 lol.
Yeah I have no clue why it doesn't sit as low as some 4/6 setups I see. It never really bugged me a whole lot so I've just dealt with it. When it comes time for new front end parts I'll look into it more.

i mean if your only waiting for heads the rest should be build on the stand ready to shoehorn in. might want to get a different pit crew than last time you had a garage project, those guys were bums. i mean 2 guys just held flashlights for 4 hours.

Rofl Yeah those two didn't do shit :crazy:

I've got pretty much everything I need. I found that the oil pump pickup tube is touching the bottom of the oil pan, so I'm waiting on Mike to get me a few part numbers to compare to what I have. Other than that, just need to order new exhaust manifold gaskets and I have everything. Then after heads are here I'll measure for correct pushrod length and order those if needed.

Can't pull the motor til I get the car back though, so it probably won't be done for Carlisle. Gonna take my time when the motor is out to clean up the engine bay. I plan on doing the big 3 also and pulling the front clip since I'm doing a whole new rad anyways for efans. That'll give me a little more room to work with.