K2XX LTZ HD Headlight clearing?

linden

Mar 30, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
Does anyone have experience taking their headlights apart WITHOUT cutting them. Can you bake them with projector, from what I've read the wires are not removable from the housing.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Gotta cut em bruh. No way around it.

No sir, I have a set of SLT headlights that I took apart with the old oven method. It just takes about an hour a headlight because it's permaseal. You need to clean the sealant out of the channels after, and make sure you get yourself a roll of automotive butyl sealant when you're done.

http://klearz.com has clear signal lenses so it doesn't look like you just removed the amber reflectors.

linden

Mar 30, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
No sir, I have a set of SLT headlights that I took apart with the old oven method. It just takes about an hour a headlight because it's permaseal. You need to clean the sealant out of the channels after, and make sure you get yourself a roll of automotive butyl sealant when you're done.

http://klearz.com has clear signal lenses so it doesn't look like you just removed the amber reflectors.

Klearz was exactly where I was looking. Did the SLT have the projectors?

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Klearz was exactly where I was looking. Did the SLT have the projectors?
Yes they did. All k2xx Sierras have projectors. The SLT lights also have the the led running lights.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
I dont think youre supposed to bake the LEDs? :shrug:

how hot you doing it for how long?

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
270 *F, about 10 minutes, take it out, work on it, put it in for 5 minutes, repeat until you get the lens off without destroying anything.

And MAKE SURE to put the light on something when in the oven.