JSP's 2014 6.2 High Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too late lol. If mine would be smooth like previous years, I would've done it myself but with it this textured, I'll get one that's smoothed and painted right.

Sent from Tapashit

:deskpalm: yolo hope you ordered xr-1 while you were shopping

No, idk when ima mess with that. It's all fucked up the way they have it.

sanding and filler priming texture shit isnt bad. i did mirrors before.

But, but, it's textured lmao.

This, I've done my mirrors, rear bumper plastics and the cowl on the silvy. Not that bad imo.

I guess none of y'all have felt the new bow ties. Would just be too much work for a little bow tie imo. Meh, This way ill have 2 :crazy:

Sent from my fuckin iPad

You said you wanted to start to learn how to do stuff. Just seems like money blowing a hole in your pocket.

btw the new GMC badge is the same the ridges are quite deep its sand-able but you would need a belt sanded for the first like 10 minutes to get rid of the ridges and you would be making the emblem a lot thinner.

btw the new GMC badge is the same the ridges are quite deep its sand-able but you would need a belt sanded for the first like 10 minutes to get rid of the ridges and you would be making the emblem a lot thinner.

see.. lol ill learn on other things. I did my 2010 lmm bowtie and my 2013 gmc, so its not so much i dont know how, more id rather it look like car paint than rattle canned up close

Yup, mine looked awesome and held up great too with rattle can. It's all in the prep

when i get it in ill take mine off, then ill go buy the spraypaint from dealer and try it out anyway. Its cheap and if i fuck up, atleast i know What not to do. I know thats not the best logic, but oh well. Im JSP remember? :lol:

Damn jsp you really like spending money. Dealer spray paint? there are other options that will yield the same results

My uncle has a new 2015 HD and I agree with Jimmy here that bowtie is too rough to worry about fucking painting it. I would have just bought a billet though over a silver painted one.

If done right rattle can can look like car paint.

I disagree here, rattle can clear isn't worth a shit and fades. I know how to paint and have done all my color matching myself, and rattlecan paint can never compare to the quality of catalyzed automotive clear coat. It just shine deeper and is glossier over a rattle can

My uncle has a new 2015 HD and I agree with Jimmy here that bowtie is too rough to worry about fucking painting it. I would have just bought a billet though over a silver painted one.

I disagree here, rattle can clear isn't worth a shit and fades. I know how to paint and have done all my color matching myself, and rattlecan paint can never compare to the quality of catalyzed automotive clear coat. It just shine deeper and is glossier over a rattle can

Disagree all you want but not all rattle can paint is created equal. There is new products out there that are not the krylon of the hardware store. Eastwood has their 2k line spray can that is not your average spray paint. From what I have read it is pretty much like shooting with a gun. My point is that going to the dealer for a can of color match spray paint is wasting money. There are many options for color match spray cans.

I am no stranger to a spray gun fyi.

a can from dealer and local parts store is $14. and thats the same color of my truck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.