JSP's 2014 6.2 High Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, they just took the damn truck allowance away. But we get .56 a mile now. Figured out I'll be makin 4-6+ a month if I stick with this and my bills alone are only 15-1700 so I'll be able to save a good lil bit every month. I want to pay double on my truck as well.

Sent from Tapashit

Cleaned up my moms escalade today.. Fuck I want that thing lol
y5atydyv.jpg

age7u2aq.jpg

4adu3yqe.jpg

Sent from Tapashit

from the north, we dont have that shit lol

Don't worry... typical oilfield guys blow all their money on trucks, prosties and drugs lol... not all but the ones I know do

Edit: and they put gay ass "oil money" or "dirty money" stickers on back Window.

Don't worry... typical oilfield guys blow all their money on trucks, prosties and drugs lol... not all but the ones I know do

Edit: and they put gay ass "oil money" or "dirty money" stickers on back Window.

I bought a house and am paying wiffehs car off a year early. Paid all my debt down and to only 1 student loan. I blow a little every now and again on toys or taking the wife out. .... but I know too many people who blow it all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

No stickers here. And yea I plan on blowing a little bit of it on this truck and other things here and there, but I want some land and a shop/house so I'm gunna try and save as much as possible.

Sent from Tapashit

This is true. I have seen about a 50/50 split in S. Texas of people in the oilfield who either blow there money or actually save and use it wisely. Honestly the first few years I was in it I was in the group of people who blew it and had nothing to show. That has changed now and for the last couple years its been nice having some saved up and such.

This is true. I have seen about a 50/50 split in S. Texas of people in the oilfield who either blow there money or actually save and use it wisely. Honestly the first few years I was in it I was in the group of people who blew it and had nothing to show. That has changed now and for the last couple years its been nice having some saved up and such.

I know one thing I won't blow it on is alcohol. I don't party or drink, so the clubs are not getting any of my money :crazy:

Sent from Tapashit

What do u do in the oilfield grey ghost? I've been in it for almost three years and blew most of it at the beginning but this year bought a house and starting to save finally.

When you guys talk about blowing "all this money" what are we talking here? A guy who makes $1000 week? Or are we talking 150k/yr type of income.
Just curious.

When you guys talk about blowing "all this money" what are we talking here? A guy who makes $1000 week? Or are we talking 150k/yr type of income.
Just curious.

You asking how much those working in the oilfield make?.....if so depends on the job/what you do and lots of other variables. Some people check wells or work on pipelines while others might be a driller on a land rig or a floor hand offshore. Old roommate works offshore 3 weeks gone and 3 weeks home and is a mechanics helper (not sure if that's his exact title) until a mechanics job comes up and he made 105-110 after bonus and before taxes, etc. etc.....you also have yo remember the cost of living here is leaps and bounds cheaper than California so that money goes further as well.

I'm just thinking that, netting $1200/wk doesn't allow for a whole lot of money to "blow"

So I was confused if we were talking like 3k/wk take home, or 1200/wk take home.

Carry on.

I would go out on a limb and guess 750-1k a week bring home for a green hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Damn, wish I could bring that home each week. With just regular hours I get less than $500 a week and with regular OT around $660 a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.