JoshA

Indecisive
Dec 9, 2010
Merced, CA
So I have not installed the damn icons yet due to being busy with work, but with the rain I may be able to sneak into the shop and knock it out.

I have been looking for 20x10 Welds for my truck (dunes preferred) and I've had no luck. I'm tempted to also custom order some forces.

Maybe the SS8 style, but with 6 lug. Any recommendations?

JoshA

Indecisive
Dec 9, 2010
Merced, CA
So after some research I found out 12's will not fit these new trucks without major trimming even if I were to crank the coilovers.

I've been looking for 10's and I didn't want to spend money on forces for x10's so I've been looking for welds. I ended up getting a deal on some brand new (still in boxes) 20x10 Weld Velocity's.

I haven't decided on tire yet, but finally some progress. Truck's front end will be painted February 1st as well. I'm hoping to try and knock out the leveling kit if I can get away from work this weekend.

JoshA

Indecisive
Dec 9, 2010
Merced, CA
I wanted to gather everyone's opinions on tires. I'm looking for 295/55/20 (33x12.5) sizes for my 20x10 welds.

Currently I have it between MTZ's, Trail Grapplers, and Cooper STT Pro's. They're all fairly similar in price, but wanted to see what everyone thought or any other recommendations for an M/T tire. Thanks.

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
I wanted to gather everyone's opinions on tires. I'm looking for 295/55/20 (33x12.5) sizes for my 20x10 welds.

Currently I have it between MTZ's, Trail Grapplers, and Cooper STT Pro's. They're all fairly similar in price, but wanted to see what everyone thought or any other recommendations for an M/T tire. Thanks.

would go Trails, MTZ, Coopers in that order IMO Trails are nice tires.

Fiesty

Jul 28, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I had cooper STT and nitto trails. liked the coopers better. they were quieter and seemed to last longer. out of all the MT tires I've had, Toyo Open Country MT is still my favorite. From experience- Toyo MT > Cooper STT > Nitto Trails

JoshA

Indecisive
Dec 9, 2010
Merced, CA
Well I finally installed the Icon Stage V kit. These fords are pretty easy to install the kit and take everything apart.

Truck has about .5" rake now which will change as I plan on cranking the coilovers until it's level. Icon Stage V kit includes 2.5 resi coilovers with compression control, 2.5 resi piggybacks, and uniball uca's.

I'll also be installing the Welds this week if all goes as planned and front grille will be getting painted next week. Here are a few pics after I did a quick wash on the truck:

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
Thanks dude. I've been pretty impressed so far. It needs an alignment so I'm sure it'll feel much better after that as well.

crank the little bit and level it off and drive it a few days or some miles to let them settle a small bit before aligning. It will save you an alignment trip in the near future.

JoshA

Indecisive
Dec 9, 2010
Merced, CA
crank the little bit and level it off and drive it a few days or some miles to let them settle a small bit before aligning. It will save you an alignment trip in the near future.

Pretty good idea. I noticed the drivers side is lower than the passenger as well so I'm going to try to even them out. Thanks man!

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Damn, I never saw this till now. Super jelly of the new truck and of the brand new work truck lol. Can't wait to see it CM'd with the Welds.