Jayballz (Bohall) bag build @ The Dropzone.

Bohalls bag build @ The Dropzone.

Considered that too, but it wouldn't be enough

Fucked with truck some more. Figured I'd post pics n shit.
This here is the damn tranny crossmember and it out my damn way now.
This is the stock form of the crossmember. It will prevent you from laying flat and also will drag a bunch even static so you may consider doing this even if you aren't bagged. Start by lifting truck, putting on jack stands, then place your jack under the tail end of transmission and just put pressure on it. This will hold things in place while you have the crossmember removed. There are 2 bolts on each side, and a fifth in the middle that you will tech from directly below. There are also two wire fasteners on the drivers side on top of the crossmember.
e9u4aqa2.jpg

Start by taking a grinder with a cutting disc and cut all the welds, and it will help you to have a few pry bars and big hammer as well. Once it's all cut separate the bottom plate from the rest of the cross member.
e6u8yres.jpg

Once the bottom plate is off, you can now cut the crossmember. For this simply take a strait edge, line it up with the bottom of the bolt holes and mark a line across. Then cut that off. It's roughly 1.5" that you will remove.
9ybugasy.jpg

On the bottom plate itself you will also need to cut the bent around parts 4" back on each end to clear the bolt holes.
e9y3y2up.jpg

Simply reassemble the two pieces, it help to enlist the aid of a big c clamp, and weld it all back together.
ase9ehug.jpg

You will need to get your cutting tool, and now go trim off the mounts under the cab. This is far easier to do BEFORE the crossmember is reinstalled. All you want to do is trim enough to be flush with the frame.
Once that's dont reinstall the crossmember.And now it's re installed and clear out the way.
This here is a damn pic of my damn compressors. I mounted these here little rubber washers to absorb some vibration/noise and it worked great. Only after I posted this pic however did I realize I had a little rubber dude goin rogue. Ill handle him in the am.
gata5ese.jpg

Last edited:
Lol I try. Ill go back and edit and add info to the crossmember pics later. I figure the more details the better in case anyone else tries it themselves.

:gnomesayin:

But seriously, wish he would finish those damn brackets for me.

:troll:

I'm workin on it! Lol. I HAD to take a break and get my own truck operational.
I'll start on them el' mucho soon