jayballz

Apr 1, 2012
So. I figured I'd make a build thread. Here it is. Your welcome.
buhyqaju.jpg

Always support the back end when cutting a frame. Here I welded a steel bar on each side to support the frame while notching.
eratenat.jpg

If recently notched, and it's welded in like mine, prepare for a headache.
adabunes.jpg

a4ygeqy9.jpg

3y4agata.jpg

And here is the beginning of the notching. Start by dropping the gas tank. And cover it with cardboard and blankets.
3urebyry.jpg

If you are ever doing this, be sure to lay down 1/2" welds here and there until you get it pretty much assembled. Even though its thick steel, that shit WILL warp, and you be pissed cause its hard as shit to get it back into shape. So just play it smart and don't do full welds till all outer plates are in place.
gydemu7y.jpg

5ere8aru.jpg

pe9age9e.jpg

Next is raising the gas tank. This is pretty essential on nbs. Even after raising it you still need to watch where you lay as the tank will only be about 1.75" off the ground AFTER raising. Start by welding 2 support braces to the 2 crossmembers just to keep everything square.
amy4u7up.jpg

Then chop them suckers off
a9enyjy3.jpg

avaquqab.jpg

2udy8u4y.jpg

rabaqyru.jpg

Now. Take yourself a strait edge and make a line EXACTLY one inch above the bottom of the cab. Cut along that line and no higher. If you do you will regret it. I got a little wobbly myself.
va5uzuqy.jpg

yhesapu5.jpg

uhupu2u4.jpg

Now. Take some 1"x1" square tubing and weld it directly under where the crossmember will lay.
7usupuju.jpg

Now. Set your crossmember back on, and tack weld the front crossmember on
Then hold the front crossmember up and weld it and inch higher than before. Weld that sucker up.
y3umu6yh.jpg

Reinstall gas tank in the new, raised position. Note: this will NOT interfere with the factory bed floor.
nequ5any.jpg

jayballz

Apr 1, 2012
Bohalls bag build @ The Dropzone.

No I'm not. Couple more weeks. I only get about a day a week roughly to work in it.

jayballz

Apr 1, 2012

And here is fucking Colton working on his fucking Katzkinz. That fuck
ysupyvud.jpg

qy4uvasy.jpg

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana

Sub'd for progress :crazy:....going to drag that piece out the way tomorrow so I can put my bumpers back on. J/k.

bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
just so you know you can make that front gas tank crossmember bolt in. drill out the 4 rivets(2 on each side) lay a piece of 1" square tubuing on top like you did put some holes in it and bolt the crossmember on top of that. basically same shit you did of course. looking good man.

jayballz

Apr 1, 2012

Yea I know, I contemplated doing just that. But I was like wellfuckthat cause dem bug ass rivets are pretty serious business

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Re: Bohalls bag build @ The Dropzone.

Sub'd. Lookinh forward to reading the info in the thread.

GingerCrew

Nov 16, 2012
Just west of DFW

Yoooo, what are you gonna do with that old notch, is it still useable???, if so lemme get that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapadatass

jayballz

Apr 1, 2012

It's a DJM, you don't want that.

I officially disagree. I bent my frame beating on the notch trying to get it out. I'm a believer in Djm. That's that. And no unfortunately it no longer usable because I had to end up cutting it in half to get it off.

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
If it's welded, you should be fine. If it's just bolted, I'd have it welded. Better to be safe than sorry :imo:

bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
either one of 2 things happend. djm quality control went to shit because they used to be fine ive ran them before buddies have ran them before and never had any problems or 2 the few on here that had fuck ups were installer error. and if i recall they all were around the same area. so id believe installer error is definately a possibiltiy. regardless i dont think djm is as bad as ppl make it.