James720's OBS Build Thread

This weekend will be full of some good ole money spending...

Tonight - Picking up a 5.3
Tomorrow - Cam, Schoenfeld Headers, Motor mounts, and some other odds and ends

Last edited:
Not a huge update but a good one for me. I'm pretty excited and really close to having all the swap parts I need...

Picked up a clean 96k mile 5.3...

Got my swap headers along with a bunch of misc parts like MAF sensors, ECUs, electric fans

Also picked up my cam from Jeff this weekend. Specs are...
227/227 .640" 114+4 lsa

Ordered my Dual Titanium springs and 7.400 pushrods from TSP today

Should have my stall by the end of the week, going with a 4k. Should work good.

Honestly, money and my goals weren't really to build a full blown racetruck. I also got a good deal on this motor, way less than I could find 90-100k 6.ohhs for.

I can understand that. My reasoning was for the extra $3-500 you get an extra 50 horse. Which you'd easily have into a cam/headers on a 5.3 just to make it equal

Yeah somewhat, except around here people think 6.0s are gold. Dude had one with 300k for $800... I'll pass on that lol.

If I ever get that deep into it I'll buy a 6.0 later. I plan on trying to give this 5.3 all the hell I can so I may need another motor later anyways lol.

Ordered some stuff today... Should be buying the stall on Saturday

1. Granatelli fuel pump GM722-2
2. B&M Sport shifter 80776

Also, I'm in a HUGE need of stock 350 motor mount buckets.. I will buy new rubber at O'reilly but I need the bucket and bolts. I have some solid mounts for sale if anyone is interested.

I also need a stock 350 truck radiator.

Those are the ONLY 2 parts I have left to buy... I hope... Got hit with about $600 in stuff I forgot about this week so hopefully after the radiator and mounts I'll be sailing soon.

I'll let Jeff do that if he thinks I should. I should be dropping it off to him not this weekend, but next. So motor should be done near the end of the month! Pretty stoked.

It has, it sat outside under a covered carport for a while. Everything is good to go though. If something does happen to be wrong I'd be extremely surprised because everything on it is nice and clean other than a few rusty items. Motor is pretty low mileage too.

Last edited:
What website are you using to order all your parts like bumpers and interior pieces. I use lmc truck and buy local at certifit but maybe I'm missing out on some good deals.

Thanks. I just made a build thread for my truck if you'd like to check it out. Your truck is coming along at a good pace