James720's OBS Build Thread

Nice I gotta 97 rcsb as a beater with a 5.7 vortec it ain't no wuss but its also no ls

Alot of people hate the 350s. I don't mind them honestly (I've had 2 trucks with em) but to me theres nothing better than an LS motor. Plus around here they're reasonably priced.

Yea I have 2 lq4s fitting in a shop right now plus a 5.3 in my nnbs.. Can't beat em.. If the 5.7 had more tuning and options like the ls has it would be the way 2 go as far a being cheaper but ls has way more power options and better mpg!!

LS motors are no more than 350s around here.

I'm talking bout just keeping it in the truck and suping it up... Would be way cheaper but that don't an option when you see how cheaper it is to beef up a ls plus they hold more power and last longer

Great progress man. Going to be clean for sure. I wouldn't do a 7/10, local guy has a single cab obs gmc that's lowered, looks like sex too.

Great progress man. Going to be clean for sure. I wouldn't do a 7/10, local guy has a single cab obs gmc that's lowered, looks like sex too.

Thanks man. Good thing is the front will have 4" of adjustability with the coilover setup. The rear will eventually be 4link and coilovers as well. It won't be driven daily, maybe once or twice a week so even if its a bumpy ride it will be worth it since the body roll will be considerably less since my plan is to make it a fast truck all around, not just fast in a straight line.

out of curiosity, are you the guy I talked to at voodoo one night in the past?

Not sure to be honest. What was I driving? Lol

Last edited:
Not sure to be honest. What was I driving? Lol

An OBS similar to yours if it wasn't you. My truck was in the parking lot and someone had asked me about it because they were planning to work on their OBS and started talking about the plans, very similar to yours if it wasn't you, lol.

So that's why I asked, because if it wasn't you, someone has plans to build one pretty identical, lol.

Got a fender, tailgate, and a drivers door. Now I'm just looking for the passenger door to have all the panels and body parts I need.

Interior I still need a bunch of peices including a manual window/lock drivers door panel to try flat black instead of smoothing and painting like I've done to a few peices.

If anyone local has any of this please LMK.

Also been debating a different color for paint that caught my eye...

Picked up a 4.8/4L60E combo with all the dressings tonight. Gonna run it for a while and I'm gonna build a full out 6.0 while I try to break it. Hopefully I'll have the cash for the swap soon

CUB did a quick color change on my renering for me... Definitely going to satin pearl white, the rendering is just white though to get the idea.

Love that color for sure. Have it saved with a few others also lol...mine is farrrr from ever getting a paint job tho.

Thanks man. Truck will look really close but will have more blue/purple pearl in the paint. The theme is the same though gloss black and satin body.

I'm jelly. Would love to have a truck like that to play around with.

Thanks. If it was a daily I wouldn't ever finish it. It's my first one I've had off the road to build.