j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
Nice and clean :thumbsup:

I like clean and simple sick'os. Guess this one can't be called that though. What turbo is on it? Also did you get any paper work on who did the precautionary mods?

Aurora, but Doesn't really matter, a new one will be on its way shortly.
Nope, don't really give a damn either.

It's been done right, it also has an icon 4" kit amd icon shocks. That kit is a $2k kit. A shop definitely did the work. This truck was 99% dropped off somewhere and the owner wanted it done right, with the right components.

Oh. And ballasts showed up :success:

Last edited:

Nick_H5

Apr 23, 2014
West Money, La
Aurora, but Doesn't really matter, a new one will be on its way shortly.
Nope, don't really give a damn either.

It's been done right, it also has an icon 4" kit amd icon shocks. That kit is a $2k kit. A shop definitely did the work. This truck was 99% dropped off somewhere and the owner wanted it done right, with the right components.

Oh. And ballasts showed up :success:

Oh okay. Reason being I know a few shops here that have paper work for the job will warranty things. Some shops are willing to help if there are some papers. Such as turbo failure or anything like that. Cousins truck fell down on him down south and that shop took a look at papers and helped him out and sent the turbo off for warranty and helped him on labor.

Which turbo did you choose next?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

GreystoneCC

*****istrator
Mar 15, 2012
Curious why you say you would need to pull the cab to get to 600 HP? If its already studded the cab will not need to come up again. Also if ya get a chance look into the S&B intake elbow and intake from what everyone has told me it is the best bet for the 6.0's. Do you know if it is tuned and if so what tunes are you running? Do you know what turbo is in it and if anything has been done to with the injectors?

Last edited:

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
Curious why you say you would need to pull the cab to get to 600 HP? If its already studded the cab will not need to come up again. Also if ya get a chance look into the S&B intake elbow and intake from what everyone has told me it is the best bet for the 6.0's. Do you know if it is tuned and if so what tunes are you running? Do you know what turbo is in it and if anything has been done to with the injectors?

It has an AFE intake elbow and AFE intake. I can't 100% see if it is the 3000 or 4000 aurora, not sure on what turbo I'll be going with, but it will be much larger.
I am very curious on the injectors, as having all this work done, I really want to know if it has stock or upgraded sticks. This would really make my turbo decision much easier.
Reason being on pulling the cab for 600hp, would be for injectors.

Once a turbo and injectors are ironed out I'll be looking into an airdog

GreystoneCC

*****istrator
Mar 15, 2012
you dont have to pull the cab to do injectors. I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on the Airdog. people either love them or hate them. Do you have any gauges on it now or anything to monitor the EOT and ECT temperatures?

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
Right now there are 4 pillar gauges-
Boost
Oil temp
Water temp
EGT

I'd like to have fuel pressure and oil pressure though

GreystoneCC

*****istrator
Mar 15, 2012
sounds like your set up pretty good then. How are the delta's between the oil temp and water temp right now?

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
Not sure what you mean.
The water temp is running about 180-210 and oil temp is around 160.

Again, I've only driven it probably 10 miles since I've picked it up because it was embarrassingly ugly.

But I'll be driving it a bit now as I just pulled the pcm from my silverado to be sent out for tuning.

Picking up an SCT tomorrow for it so I should have some tunes here in a week or so

GreystoneCC

*****istrator
Mar 15, 2012
the difference in temperature between the oil temp and coolant temp. According to ford anything over 15* difference between the 2 usually means the oil cooler is going bad. But if you haven't driven it much yet you wouldn't have it up to full operating temperature to see the difference.

GreystoneCC

*****istrator
Mar 15, 2012
And i recommend Tony Wildman for tunes for your 6.0 look up Total Diesel Performance on google for his website.