J.mo's super duty build thread. Full of 6.0 sickness

I think that powerstroke runs pretty got damn good.
On the looney tune, which is a pretty hopped up tune, going through the Sierra Nevada mountains at 70-75 -
ECT - 195
EOT- 180
EGT - peak at 950

I've never seen my egts over 1k :shrug:
When they get to 900-950 the truck will boost anyway and bring them down to 800 on the nose. That's where I always run.
:shrug:

When I drove home at night, same speeds.
Temps were
ECT - 160
EOT - didn't even read on my gauge that starts at 140
EGTS - 6-700

again. highly doubt your numbers. and not sorry for us duramax guys not having to dump tons of money in our motors to make them be able to get out of the driveway

:haha:

Whale. That's what the ol Autometer pillar gauges say.
Believe it or not, don't care.
Every one of my buddies who has a diesel except for one, have duramaxs. 5 of them, from lb7 to lbz.
They all run much hotter.
I also don't have a stock turbo, and when I go get to 900 or so the boost controls the egts and you can watch tj fall like a rock.
Does your truck not cool the egts when you boost?

Watching my friends lbz temps makes me uneasy as fuck, 1275, 1350 going up hills. He's like meh, not worried those are normal.
I'd shit myself if I was at 1200. This is my 3rd 6.0 and I've never seen 1200

Last edited:
Where did you probe your egt guage in the manifold that makes a big difference on what the guage reads temp wise.

Closer to the exhaust ports is going to give you a more realistic number, Best option is in the drivers side manifold on the 6.0, pre-turbo. You want the numbers on your gauge to closely represent the cylinder temps as much as possible.

Also make sure its not right in line with an exhaust port, it should be in the elbow of the manifold where it starts heading towards the up-pipes.

I didn't do any motor work. It was already done by a shop when I got the truck.
Probe is in the manifold.

Well i would look exactly where its it because you could be getting false readings, 900-1300 is normal under load or going up a hill, ragging it out racing etc.