J.mo's grown up build thread- the new crib - mods and upgrades.

More construction continues today. Guy will be here shortly to hang all new doors.
Specs on the house are 5bed, 3 1/2 bath. 3car and it sits on .40 acre
Just a hair under 2900sq ft.

A few more pics of the demo.

Last edited:
They broke out about 1/4 of it yesterday.
They should finish the tile, living room, and hallway tear out today.
Floors were supposed to be here last night at 5, now delivery is today at 11 I guess.
This should all be done in a week or 2.
Then we'll go around and swap the remains gold fixtures. Everything else has been swapped except the master bath

More demo today. Staircase is all that is left now.

Wall mount outlets are done. Bedroom 50" is hung

Flooring started to go in today. They got the master bedroom and 95% of the upstairs hallway done.

I've got my own side project going in the master bath. In a few months the master bath will get a full build out with bamf shower. But in the meantime this fokin gold brass shit had to go.
Oil rubbed bronze are what the rest of the fixtures are, so figured if take a whack at the shower. Figured if it didn't come out, it's getting trashed anyway.
If it does turn out, then sweet.

Here's what this sumbitch looked like

Damn. I've been so busy haven't updated this.

Floors are finished and tile is being started in the bathrooms.

Picked up some new blinds today, fokin $1800, but they will look sweet
Also dropped $550 on a stainless dishwasher.

My fridge yesterday fell through, it was beat to hell so hopefully I can pick one up tomorrow.
Decided I like the look of the French door/bottom freezer, but I like the usability of the side by side better.

Tomorrow we head down to the granite wholesaler to pick out counter tops for the kitchen and bathrooms.
We will also be looking for stone/tile backsplash, and stone for our fireplace.

Within the next week or 2 we will decide on a 5 or 6 burner stainless gas cooktop

We also picked out the color of shingles for the roof

Fence is finished up, and interior paint of the garage should he starting soon.

I'm way stoked, but everything is adding up quick! Gonna be broke soon.

Edit: here's the dishwasher
http://m.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpool-...romatic-Stainless-Steel-WDT710PAYM/203524129/

Last edited:
A little update on the house.
Floors are done, baseboard is in. The painter needs to come back and complete the touch ups

All new outlets, light switches, and covers are in.
Granite is going in as we speak

Cabinet staining has began.

Stone has been ordered for the fireplace, and for around the base of the kitchen counter seen in the pic above
That door/cabinet on the very end is also being removed and retfofitted with a nice wine refrigerator

Last edited:
nice ass house for sure. did you do the steps your self? I had my upstairs re carpeted but left my stairs raw. I need to replace treads and risers so I can stain treads and paint risers. basically your set up.