iTzTy/Tyler's Very Slow '10 ECSB Build

iTzTy

Oh.
Oct 5, 2013
WV
I figured I would go ahead and post my story, my very slow build because no monies, and my plans, since I'm still relatively new here.
Traded for the truck used in February 2012 with 21k miles on it.
-5.3 with GayFM :facepalm:
-Victory Red 1500
-4x4 with Z71 and LT package
(Tires are and will stay until bald, 265/70/17 Maxxis Bighorns.)

Plans:
-2.5" Level
-Cleared lights
-Colormatch
-Tint
-LT headers
-BBP Tune
-20x12 Moto 962s
-33x12.50 MTs (undecided)
-'13 Split Grille

Traded: 99 Silverado 2500 (Biggest mistake ever, even though it was falling apart because of a rough life from my dad.)

I never decided it was a good idea to start taking pics until I while after I bought the truck, so the closest to the day I bought it is when I got it all dressed up for prom.

Also next, came my exhaust, an AVS Aeroskin, and aerovisors. I hate the visors, and are comning off soon, and tint. I don't have any before pictures of tint, and how it looks are in the ones above. 5% over rear 3, and 20 on front 2, with the worst and most useless strip ever.
-True dual 2.5 piping to Flowmaster Super 10s, to 4 inch tips at bed corners.

Then, after a couple months, winter came, I got pulled over the first time (38 in 25), and a slushy ice mess in the road caused my to slide into a tree, fml. It wasnt that bad of damage. It bent of the rear, completely smashed a tail light, and bent the rear bumper pretty bad. It missed my exhaust, though. I was able to bend the bumper back, and replace a tail light and come out with minimal damage, thank god. But, lost all pics but one, as my phone is probably the biggest pos you've never seen.

After winter, I finally decided to take off the mud flaps. And somewhere in here, another mistake, to take the truck mudding.(Don't exactly know when I took of the bed cover, but I keep it for winters.)

After this, summer of 2013 came, I took off the steps and I retinted the tails and did the headlights, because all blacked out is awesome, i know (along with emblems and grille for a very short lived time). I also added a factory fog light kit, and DIC.

Also during the time for summer to now, I also colormatched my mirror covers, added a 2.5" level, and 2" Rough Coutnry wheel spacers all around, and demolded. Still trying to decide if I want to debadge.

Somewhere in all of this mess, I got pulled over 4 more times, and a ticket once, for 73 in a 55. Other times were, 49 in 25, tail lights are too dark (they are), and another speeding that I don't remember, which I also got a warning for loud exhaust in town. <-- Wtf

Lastest shots are how it sets for now.

Next to the F-treefiddy.

Btw: It's getting old.

And fuck snow.

That's all for now. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't wait til spring/summer for the changes.

And it says it in the first few lines, 265/70/17 Maxxis Bighorns.

Thanks! I really like the red when it's clean, but it feels like it shows almost as much dirt and stuff as black sometimes.

Needs a srs makeover..
Less blacked out tail light bs, less blacked out badges, less bs tinted headlight edges

Edit: That being said, the plans sound great lol

nice truck (besides the headlights :puke: )what where you think of going with for rims ?

I've slowed down a good bit.

Also, for now the truck will stay blacked, as much as I'm beginning to hate it, for the simple fact that it's too cold to really do anything. Definitely looking forwards to spring/summer plans.

For wheels, I'm debating going chrome/polished. I've looked into a few of fuels, and methods. Thinking 20x10 on 33's will be the tire/wheel move when I need new ones, and decide on where I'd like to go with it.

Finally able to gather a few things together to post, but no pics because I'm lazy.

First, I got my little bit more of a lift. Not much, but it'll be enough to mak a difference. :secret:
I can't wait til a warm day to put it on.

Second, I got a new bed mat, since mine got stolen, and a few other cleaning things for the truck.

Third, took the truck to the dealership for my pos radio (Aux port was about to fall out, I have a very noticeable lifter tick, and a water leak)
The only thing they'll cover is the radio, until I buy an oil change from them to let them see its actually burning oil. I told the guy I wasn't paying for shit after he got all smart-assy about it and told me the tick was normal VVT noise. I continued to argue with the jackass until I told him to leave the keys in the truck, I would be there to get it in a little while, and I would deal with it myself.

That's about it for now, other than my leak is slowing down, thank god, but I still haven't found where it's coming from.

Also, change in wheels for hopefully tax $$$, is 20x12 fuel hostage black.

Another small update, but I went ahead and did something on my want to do list.

I painted some interior pieces red for the hell of it, and I really like them. The back turned out the best, though. All I have left to do it the steering wheel, cluster, and glove box piece, and decide if I wanna go farther with it.
image.jpg

The truck is currently sitting like this, in the worst condition ever, lol. Kinda hurts to see it look so bad.
image-2.jpg

Last, the truck is waiting on its new radio, and this. :secret:
image-1.jpg

Sorry for garbage potato phone quality pics, it's all I have currently. lol

This has been at a nice stand still because of winter and wreck, but plans are updated, and hopefully most will be done soon.

Nope. Rack is broken and the guy said it might be like 2.5 weeks to approve, get parts, and fix it, but right now he's in a hurry because my truck is stuck in his paint booth. lol

This is probably the worst build thread ever, but I got the truck back almost to the end of April because the air intake tube was broken, along with a fog light never coming in and my grille falling halfway off the support because the clips were broken after it was put on. Worst time ever with this thing was then. Anyway, I finally got it back and just now spent more money on the truck. Between going to my classes 3-4 days a week since a new semester started, and working the rest but spending the money for food/gas/bills it's hard to find the time or money to put into the truck. I creep on the forum all the time, I just hate that I never have anything to post about my own truck, lol.

Changes to the truck since I have posted are:
5% tint with the brow.
CM'd Impact Bar
No more headlight tint (thank god)
Hood
No bug guard
Interior painted pieces were replaced with red Carbon Fiber wrap, which will not be replaced with hydrodipping if it starts to look bad.

However, I bought tow mirrors with heat, signal, and power glass, and instead of putting on the 1.25" Rough Country body lift I sold it and bought a 3" PA one. I got a deal I couldn't pass up, and I figured it was the easiest and cheapest way to lift the truck. I also bought some half tread 295/70 Terra Grapplers over the winter, but since I didn't think they would fit with the spacers, I also picked up a set of Trail Diggers for winter that are currently on the truck.

I think that's all for now, besides the truck as it currently sits:
33k6m50.jpg

qqsnit.jpg

2lj292t.jpg