ITGuy

SnowSnowSnowSnowSnow.....
Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
M114360820.png

ATS Aurora 5000 Turbo Upgrade Kit

What about a Big Single vs. Compound? I still need to do a lot of other things of course. A full Compound (2 new turbos) would suck up a lot of my monies.
However there are compound kits out there utilizing your stock turbo. Not sure what people think of them, aside from making certain your original turbo is healthy.

Industrial Injection (BorgWarner)
Industrial Injection Compound Kit (Utilizes original turbo + BorgWarner S474 turbo

productimage-picture-lbz-towing-compound-kit-503.jpg

Another link.
Industrial Injection Compound Kit

Last edited:

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
M114360820.png

ATS Aurora 5000 Turbo Upgrade Kit

What about a Big Single vs. Compound? I still need to do a lot of other things of course. Compound would suck up a lot of my monies.

this is the not egr LLY kit FYI

this is what i plan to run eventually with stock fueling.
SDP 06-07 LBZ Twin Kit - Screamin Diesel Performance

also yeah you will need a built tranny that will be 4k.

for drivetrain and engine mods to be at 650rwhp, with it being able to tow reliably you will be down an easy 10k-15k

with your tire size your already adding a lot of extra stress to the tranny so you wont be running over 450hp on stock trans or not for long anyway.

another cheap option is a s366 instead of stock + injectors and some nice tuning that will bring you too around 550hp but again you will need a built trans.

ITGuy

Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
Yeah the link shows LLY but they also have LBZ kit for 2006.5+... I didn't have time to go back and clarify.. I did update my post though. List of other things to do includes building the trans whenever adding additional significant HP.

I did look at the SDP kit last year. I will be using them for a lot of the small mods I am doing in the next couple of months.

Last edited:

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
Yeah the link shows LLY but they also have LBZ kit for 2006.5+... I didn't have time to go back and clarify.. I did update my post though.
List of other things to do includes building the trans whenever adding additional significant HP.

I did look at the SDP kit last year. I will be using them for a lot of the small mods I am doing in the next couple of months.

utilizing the stock turbo is fine if it is in good shape. i will be doing so eventually with stock fuel (besides a lift pump)

with the research i did i will be able too see just over 600rwhp with very acceptable egt's on some hot tunes.
a big single is cool but very anoying to tow with.

-i have driven in a lml with a single 72mm danville turbo and kory willis tuning and its fast but for just driving its not smooth.
-also driven in a built 1000hp duramax with 2 fairly big turbo's and it drove like mine does.

also the guy with big twins gets 24mpg and the guy with a big single get 17mpg but that could also be driving style.

if you are looking on good pricing on a bunch of parts call alligator performance and talk to matt he can put together a package deal at the fraction of the online cost.

:up:

ITGuy

Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
Thanks! Saves me time.. something I am short on these days.
Are you having your Allison rebuilt locally? Going with Suncoast or another reputable brand?
I'll probably do a little research tonight, but I may want to get that done first.. just after I get her de-smogged and tuned.

ITGuy

Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
Inventory from last season

IMG_20150414_212942281_zpsrldikmvb.jpg

Not including the trans-go jr shift kit, braided brake lines, merchant pump rub kit etc in the garage.

I figure getting all of this on, finishing the frame painting on the back half, and pump rub kit + leaky tranny line should keep me busy.

I may hold off on the shift kit + pan installation if I decide to pull the trigger on a PPE or Suncoast Gmax transmission build.
working out the details now.. but hopefully start working on some of these items in next couple of days.

Maine turbo diesel is a good local shop

I'll give these guys a call later this week, just in case I get over my head ;)

PPE Stage VI Transmission Build

Or

Suncoast Gmax-6-3-2006-2010/ + A good torque converter would be needed.

Or just buy transmission fully built and swap it PPE Stage VI fully built Allision 1000

Last edited:

ITGuy

Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
OK getting back to reality here and done doing my turbo research (dreaming) for now.

Weekend work:

- Remove bed and finish painting the rear half of the frame.
- Remove rear wheels and install new calipers, rotors, brakes & lines that have been staring at me all winter.
- install new bump stops
- Bleed lines / flush
- remove differential cover & install my new Yukon Ring & pinion Yukon-YG-GM9.25-411R
- install my new PPE diff cover and do any touchup work needed to paint on the diff.
- pictures of work completed

Also thinking about buying all of my tuning stuff today.. it will give me some incentive to finish up a few of these small projects and move on.

Last edited:

ITGuy

Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
I'm going to do an inspection first and see how healthy the rear-end is.
A friend of mine who has more experience than I do with differentials is going to give me a few pointers.
Even with the right tools (I need to pick up my press) it would still take us a day to get the job done.

If it's in really good shape, I may just focus my energy on more important matters.

Here are a couple of good threads that led me to a few other resources. It's no small job though (for me)
Duramax Gear Lash
Advice on Ring & Pinion change

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
Why do you think the ring and pinion needs to be replaced, because those don't normally go bad unless it loses a bearing

ITGuy

Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
I'm probably just being too picky. I am uncertain what type of use the rear end received, even though I have the maint history for it. I guess it's my nature to assume the worst and be prepared. You have a good point though, and I've read that they can take a ton of abuse.