ITGuy

SnowSnowSnowSnowSnow.....
Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
GoPro and Canon T4i.

I am NoPro at making video though lol. I suggested to her next time she drives the truck on highway and I follow her with my drone for footage. We would need another driver for chase car though hmmm.

It's like xmas every other week at your house :rofl:

Oh I am addicted to shipment notifications from UPS and FedEx now while at work.
Not sure what I am going to do if I ever finish this thing.. will have withdrawals for sure.

Last edited:

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
your welcome to be addicted and just send me stuff :cheeky: i am here to be a friend and help you through your tough times

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
well on red for sure, I cant think of a color that smoked lights look good on imo lol

Typically darker colors (black, dark blue, dark brown, dark green) look better with smoked lights as it blends in with the color a bit better than clear would imo. Everything else should have clear though.

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Just watched the video, that was awesome dude! Your truck is so awesome to see in action, definitely one of my favorite builds I've gotten to watch. One thing that caught my eye in the video that I don't remember seeing in the thread tho, what are you running for foglights? They look like projectors...

well on red for sure, I cant think of a color that smoked lights look good on imo lol

:crossarms:

Last edited:

ITGuy

Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
Just watched the video, that was awesome dude! Your truck is so awesome to see in action, definitely one of my favorite builds I've gotten to watch. One thing that caught my eye in the video that I don't remember seeing in the thread tho, what are you running for foglights? They look like projectors...
:crossarms:

What makes it fun for me is that I am just your average joe when it comes to some things, I am just persistent and I don't give up easily. However I don't have the resources to do everything in just a few short weeks like a pro shop etc. I have over 700 pictures of the build.. there is a lot I didn't share / post.. just shared a few moments. I didn't get enough shots of the truck with the body panels off and the cab frame though, I regret that a little but I was in such a hurry to get things bolted back on.. I could have documented things a LOT better too, maybe help a few other people out with valuable info or something I had success with / struggled with. I also wandered around at times with my ideas rather than just sticking/staying on task.

Denali Clear Halo Foglights - You are correct good sir.

Last edited:

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
:shake: I think you did a great job with this thread, enough detail to really show how much effort and pride you're putting in the truck but not so much to bore us all lol. You definitely showed that anybody can get in there and do it.

00silvyON

Jun 13, 2014
Northern, ON
For your truck only being around 6" of life & 33's. It looks HUGE for some reason. But that video was awesome, and the truck looks awesome! You did an amazing job

ITGuy

Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
Yep 35's on 22x12 AF's. 2500 frame already puts the truck a couple of inches taller than a 1500. Its like having a built in 2.5" body lift.

So yeah, ..not much going on tonight. Just acquiring more parts and doing a little research.

:wave: @ Huck lol Santa?

Where my dining table at? :eek:
IMG_20141009_200847672_HDR_zps0ijwquij.jpg

These just came in.. my back-ordered HD diff cover
IMG_20141009_185911401_zpsfuenbdap.jpg

Blackcat Custom Guageplate :woot:
IMG_20141009_185815725_HDR_zpsannzvqsu.jpg

sorry for craptastic photo, it's still inside protective plastic guard.

Watching tv and fixing LED's / installing new gauge plate + denali bezel
IMG_20141009_204722841_HDR_zpsgtnz6rfy.jpg

Ready to re-install
IMG_20141009_205926982_zpswl0ku7dr.jpg

hmmm I'll tweak it some more. Looking good, just need to adjust the LEDs.. I love the design though. I'll get it right soon.
IMG_20141009_215555637_zpsm8fhcsub.jpg

Last edited:

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
damn that's the best looking gauge face that's not oem I've ever seen! link on where to order?

ITGuy

Sep 22, 2013
Portland, Maine
s824.photobucket.com
damn that's the best looking gauge face that's not oem I've ever seen! link on where to order?

Black Cat Custom Automotive - Gauge Faces for all makes and models of cars and trucks - LED Lighting Upgrades

You can also spec out text or custom prints. I had the LBZ / GMC added.
A little pricey, but kinda cool if you have some spare change and want something different to look at. They also sell the LED packages to make it look sharp. Jordan shared the link with me a while ago.. Took me a while to get the order placed.

Last edited: